Horrible FPS on Saints Row the Third

Well, I got the game since it was on sale. I installed an HD texture mod and a SweetFX mod, and everything was running completely smoothly for about a day. Now, I get FPS at around 10-20. On the completely lowest settings I get around 25-35 FPS. I was getting perfectly fine FPS the other day.

I have a decent computer, definitely capable of running this game completely maxed out. i5 2500k overclocked to 4.2, and a GTX 560 (which is also overclocked).
3 answers Last reply
More about horrible saints third
  1. Perhaps one of the mods get updated while the other didn't and now they're interfering with eachother. If the mods are not completely necessary I would get rid of them or atleast try reinstalling them.
  2. Sassafras said:
    Perhaps one of the mods get updated while the other didn't and now they're interfering with eachother. If the mods are not completely necessary I would get rid of them or atleast try reinstalling them.

Nope, I was getting perfectly fine FPS with the mods the day before. And the mods don't have an auto-update system or anything.

I tried without the mods, still got horrible FPS. I also completely re-installed the game and I'm still getting horrible FPS.
  3. Fixed, just had to restart my PC.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Games FPS Video Games