Vote for your best - part 1

According to you which is the greatest video game company only among these
25 answers Last reply
More about vote part
  1. According to me ubisoft is the greatest video game company only among these.
  2. Why is there a mixture of developers and publishers on the list? Makes no sense to vote when there are so many unlike comparisons trying to be made.
  3. casualcolors said:
    Why is there a mixture of developers and publishers on the list? Makes no sense to vote when there are so many unlike comparisons trying to be made.

+1. Anyway, Bioware.
  4. I think you guys haven't notice. He said only among these. And come on guys don't break his heart; Just vote Ok.
  5. How can you vote for who's the "best" when half these companies are responsible for a different part of the video game creation process than the other? They don't all share some common ground on which to compare them.
  6. I voted Square Enix, but just because there was no Blizzard among the list.
  7. To clarify, developers actually make the games. Publishers don't make anything.
  8. casualcolors said:
    How can you vote for who's the "best" when half these companies are responsible for a different part of the video game creation process than the other? They don't all share some common ground on which to compare them.

Ah... i actually don't understand that why you and sam_p_lay and it's appear sunius separating publishers from developers.
  9. Anonymous said:
    Ah... i actually don't understand that why you and sam_p_lay and it's appear sunius separating publishers from developers.

Yes for example on this list, id Software actually makes games. But a company like EA doesn't make games at all. They pay to have games made by members of their publishing house (who are developers similar to id) and they pay to market those games, but they have very little input regarding the creative and technical aspects of game design. The last time EA actually made its own game, some members of this forum weren't even born yet.

Hopefully that clears it up a bit. There are other similar examples on this list, those are just 2.
  10. You speaking like EA is devil. Ok then answer me this. At the Beginning EA was build base on making games or base on having developers all around the world?
  11. Anonymous said:
    You speaking like EA is devil. Ok then answer me this. At the Beginning EA was build base on making games or base on having developers all around the world?

I'm pretty sure describing how EA operates isn't demonizing them. They operate the same way that other publishers operate, several of which are on the list. You'll find plenty of people who will hate on EA and with good cause, but generally they bother me less than some other companies. To answer your question, EA started bringing in developers very early on in their life. EA started out as a group from within Activision that felt compelled to leave the company due to how it was being run and how it was treating its employees at the time.
  12. Ok, if this is the answer then i think you're right.
  13. Ubisoft out of the list.

Sadness because of no Bioware(freaking KOTOR 1&2 are my favorite games ever). Thought about Rockstar because of the joint game they did with Bungie, Oni.
  14. TheGhxst said:
    KOTOR 1&2 are my favorite games ever.

+1! Along with Baldur's Gate 2 :-D
  15. hey i just wanna tell you if you want to vote then vote and if you dont vote to vote then nobody is forcing you. why all my poll threads are missjudged by people. Anyway i am going to start new poll thread which is vote for your best part 2. Please give me some suggestions for game developers
  16. Problem is you are missing a lot of small developers. FOr me the "best" are those that dont make crappy games, not the oes that made a few hits and are running on their fame.
    So from the ones you presented, Valve and square enix.
    Cd-Projekt, Radical entertainment... dont remmber others.
  17. I guess 2k or Square Enix (SE has really gone down in quality the last few years), but hands down Ubisoft is definitely the worst.
  18. How can anyone say ubisoft worst as it has made some games of prince of persia and assassins creed and all other religious games
  19. TheGhxst said:
    Ubisoft out of the list.

Sadness because of no Bioware(freaking KOTOR 1&2 are my favorite games ever). Thought about Rockstar because of the joint game they did with Bungie, Oni.

+1 KOTOR 4EVA!
  20. Divyanshu Sah said:
    How can anyone say ubisoft worst as it has made some games of prince of persia and assassins creed and all other religious games

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell...
  21. rockstar games
  22. Had to vote for id Software... Listen to a few of John Carmack's keynotes and your mouth will drop... Just listening to him explain his research in graphics is mind boggling...

Dude basically created a genre and several game engines by himself..
  23. Valve all the way, their optimization and engines: AMAZING
  24. No votes for activision .why?
  25. They went downhill after Ghostbusters imo,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLmbGY6dWVU
    :P
    Moto
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Video Video Games