Sign in with
Your question

Vote for your best - part 1

Last response: in Video Games

Which among these is the best video game company in the present day ?

Total: 41 votes (8 blank votes)

• Electronic arts
  • 13 %
  • Rockstar
  • 7 %
  • Activision
  • 0 %
  • Ubisoft
  • 16 %
  • Sega
  • 4 %
  • Square Enix
  • 19 %
  • microsoft
  • 4 %
  • id software
  • 4 %
  • Valve
  • 34 %
  • 2k games
  • 7 %
January 7, 2013 9:51:03 AM

According to you which is the greatest video game company only among these

More about : vote part

Anonymous
January 7, 2013 4:12:52 PM

According to me ubisoft is the greatest video game company only among these.

January 8, 2013 5:00:01 PM

Why is there a mixture of developers and publishers on the list? Makes no sense to vote when there are so many unlike comparisons trying to be made.
Related resources
January 9, 2013 3:39:52 PM

casualcolors said:
Why is there a mixture of developers and publishers on the list? Makes no sense to vote when there are so many unlike comparisons trying to be made.

+1. Anyway, Bioware.
Anonymous
January 9, 2013 6:15:18 PM

I think you guys haven't notice. He said only among these. And come on guys don't break his heart; Just vote Ok.
January 9, 2013 7:42:39 PM

How can you vote for who's the "best" when half these companies are responsible for a different part of the video game creation process than the other? They don't all share some common ground on which to compare them.
January 9, 2013 8:10:02 PM

I voted Square Enix, but just because there was no Blizzard among the list.
January 9, 2013 8:13:30 PM

To clarify, developers actually make the games. Publishers don't make anything.
Anonymous
January 9, 2013 9:21:20 PM

casualcolors said:
How can you vote for who's the "best" when half these companies are responsible for a different part of the video game creation process than the other? They don't all share some common ground on which to compare them.

Ah... i actually don't understand that why you and sam_p_lay and it's appear sunius separating publishers from developers.
January 9, 2013 9:47:31 PM

Anonymous said:
Ah... i actually don't understand that why you and sam_p_lay and it's appear sunius separating publishers from developers.

Yes for example on this list, id Software actually makes games. But a company like EA doesn't make games at all. They pay to have games made by members of their publishing house (who are developers similar to id) and they pay to market those games, but they have very little input regarding the creative and technical aspects of game design. The last time EA actually made its own game, some members of this forum weren't even born yet.

Hopefully that clears it up a bit. There are other similar examples on this list, those are just 2.
Anonymous
January 10, 2013 6:36:51 AM

You speaking like EA is devil. Ok then answer me this. At the Beginning EA was build base on making games or base on having developers all around the world?
January 10, 2013 6:48:52 AM

Anonymous said:
You speaking like EA is devil. Ok then answer me this. At the Beginning EA was build base on making games or base on having developers all around the world?

I'm pretty sure describing how EA operates isn't demonizing them. They operate the same way that other publishers operate, several of which are on the list. You'll find plenty of people who will hate on EA and with good cause, but generally they bother me less than some other companies. To answer your question, EA started bringing in developers very early on in their life. EA started out as a group from within Activision that felt compelled to leave the company due to how it was being run and how it was treating its employees at the time.
Anonymous
January 10, 2013 7:11:51 AM

Ok, if this is the answer then i think you're right.
January 10, 2013 7:12:58 AM

Ubisoft out of the list.

Sadness because of no Bioware(freaking KOTOR 1&2 are my favorite games ever). Thought about Rockstar because of the joint game they did with Bungie, Oni.
January 10, 2013 8:26:10 AM

TheGhxst said:
KOTOR 1&2 are my favorite games ever.

+1! Along with Baldur's Gate 2 :-D
January 10, 2013 9:35:17 AM

hey i just wanna tell you if you want to vote then vote and if you dont vote to vote then nobody is forcing you. why all my poll threads are missjudged by people. Anyway i am going to start new poll thread which is vote for your best part 2. Please give me some suggestions for game developers
January 10, 2013 10:17:35 AM

Problem is you are missing a lot of small developers. FOr me the "best" are those that dont make crappy games, not the oes that made a few hits and are running on their fame.
So from the ones you presented, Valve and square enix.
Cd-Projekt, Radical entertainment... dont remmber others.
January 12, 2013 12:17:41 AM

I guess 2k or Square Enix (SE has really gone down in quality the last few years), but hands down Ubisoft is definitely the worst.
January 16, 2013 1:31:56 PM

How can anyone say ubisoft worst as it has made some games of prince of persia and assassins creed and all other religious games
January 16, 2013 1:47:17 PM

TheGhxst said:
Ubisoft out of the list.

Sadness because of no Bioware(freaking KOTOR 1&2 are my favorite games ever). Thought about Rockstar because of the joint game they did with Bungie, Oni.

+1 KOTOR 4EVA!
January 16, 2013 1:48:07 PM

Divyanshu Sah said:
How can anyone say ubisoft worst as it has made some games of prince of persia and assassins creed and all other religious games

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell...
January 23, 2013 11:55:09 AM

rockstar games
January 25, 2013 1:17:06 AM

Had to vote for id Software... Listen to a few of John Carmack's keynotes and your mouth will drop... Just listening to him explain his research in graphics is mind boggling...

Dude basically created a genre and several game engines by himself..
January 25, 2013 11:52:24 AM

Valve all the way, their optimization and engines: AMAZING
February 18, 2013 8:42:07 AM

No votes for activision .why?
!