My PC is blue screening when I try to play a game.

DEG_fan

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
I built my PC in October of 2012. Now whenever I try to launch and play a game my computer blue screens.
Here are all my DMP files.
Does anyone know the reason why?

My PC specs:
CPU - Intel i5 3570k ivy bridge @3.4GHz
GPU - Gigabyte AMD Raedeon HD7870
RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 2 x 4GB
PSU - CORSAIR Enthusiast TX750
MoBO - GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 3

SaMZc.png
lNjrr.png

DEG_fan

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013

That was the first thing I did. I also unistalled my ati/amd drivers then I deleted ALL the the ati/amd folders/files in my computer. Then I installed the latest graphics driver.

I have: two PCI-E going into my graphics card (12 pins in total), three SATA power connecters for two HDDs and one optical drive, 24 pins for the MoBo power and another 8 pins (I think for the CPU, ATX_12V_2X4), two power connectors 4 pins for each.
Here is the voltage and temperatures for PC components.

Download Bluescreenview and post a screenshot on photobucket (my work blocks imageshack). Either that, or post the STOP codes/error strings.

Without knowing any of that though, I'd suspect bad RAM first. Run memtest86+ and make sure you get no errrors.

DEG_fan

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013

I ran Prime95 for 12 hours the other day, nothing out of ordinary. How do you want me to execute this procedure? Run Prime95 and also run HWMonitor and check temps?

When I take a screenshot, do you want it like this?

0xa0000001 atikmdag.sys is an amd driver error.

uninstall the amd gfx drivers. then run a reg cleaner like ccleaner. reboot and install a freshly downloaded 12.10 gfx driver...
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx these are 12.10 for win 7 64bit.
if your using windows 8 then its likley a compatibility issue with the amd driver.

but b4 you remove the old driver go into safe mode and run the game. if it crashes then the amd driver is at fault. if it doesnt then its a compatibility issue with some other app/driver

DEG_fan

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
I am running x64 Windows 7 Home Premium.

I did all of this. It had seemed to be working but GMod will occasionally freeze and CS:GO blue screened again.

I've been updating my DMP folder with every crash.

Here is another screenshot of BlueScreenView. It seems to be the same problem.

yeah it looks like your gfx drivers are either unstable or your card is. but lookingh at the hw info your voltages look rite as do the temps.
when you next play run gpu-z and set it to logging mode. play your game and hope for a crash.
if the driver update works then it will likely be fixed...
but for saftey sake. go into bios find the ahci menu and see if the high precision/precision timer/events timer is enabled. if its not then enable it.

Well, at least we know it's not lack of power. Unstable drivers can sometimes be very hard to solve. It this point, if any other suggestions given by others fail, would be windows reinstall.

I've got one more suggestion before doing that: memtest. You can download it from here:

www.memtest.org

Make sure to test the RAM for at least 3 passes.

DEG_fan

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013

I could not find the 'high precision/precision timer/events' in my mobo bios. I did find one or two ahci options and then several xhci options.

I ran memtest, 3 passes, no errors.
I had reinstalled Windows just before December.

Angry Bellic

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Go to personalize and choose the Windows Basic Theme and then check whether its crashing again if no, I would say that the Graphics card is faulty though the card that that you have (HD 7870) is a very good card, hmmm. The Intel Core i5 3570K is also good, but do check whether dust is settled or not, if yes remove the dust from important parts.

DEG_fan

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
I shall try.
No, I'm almost certain I didn't have blue screens.
I didn't do a clean install either. I got a lot of my files back from my Windows.old folder.
I did reinstall all of my drivers and I got rid of my Windows.old.

envymert

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011

You may just want to do / and may be better off doing a clean reinstall. Just save needed files to an external like movies/pics etc. if something was correupt in the windows.old you basically just duplicated the issue again.

I had an issue of low frames and BSOD's when I switched vid cards ...... from a 5970 to a 7970 a few years back. I ran driver sweeper and still the same issues persisted. I did a fresh install of windows and everything worked great.

DEG_fan

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
I will try a clean install sometime soon. I haven't been having any problems today or last night which is nice, it would be strange if my PC solved itself.

Yes, my mouse is plugged into USB 3.0 because 8/9 of my ports are 3.0. I have 6 USB 3.0 in the back (my MoBo) and 2 in the front. I do have two USB 2.0 in the front of my case but one is not working and I haven't put forth the time to fix it.

DEG_fan

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013

I performed a clean install of Windows today. My PC blue screened while playing Half Life 2. Same error. My dump file has been updated.

Does this mean my GPU is at fault?

Angry Bellic

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
For god's sake I hope you are not using the stock cooler it's only good ( exactly - not bad 2/5 ) when you are not OC'ing. I have almost same specs as you have except that I have a GTX 660 Ti and I tried to over clock it and then the next 2 hours was pure hell for me, random blue screens weird lines on the screens, sometimes half of the screen goes black. Then I bought a Hyper 412s Air Cooler and now its all ok NO BSOD's NO 1/2 screens and no weird lines on the corner of the screen; so first remove all the dust then get a new cooler if you haven't already.