connecting to google groups + kerio

I have recently installed kerio 2.1.5

I can read newspostings in google groups. But can post myself
I connect to 216.239.59.104, but then get connected to 66.109.9.99
(blank page)

Has this anything to do with the firewall, or just coincidence
(problem at google groups)

Also why is kerio listening to BGMENU.EXE ( abackup prog that I run on
my pc incase of disaters)

whay are outgoing pings enabled?

Thanks

More about connecting google groups kerio

    "species8350" <not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net> wrote in message
    > I have recently installed kerio 2.1.5
    >
    > I can read newspostings in google groups. But can post myself
    > I connect to 216.239.59.104, but then get connected to 66.109.9.99
    > (blank page)
    >
    > Has this anything to do with the firewall, or just coincidence
    > (problem at google groups)
    >
    > Also why is kerio listening to BGMENU.EXE ( abackup prog that I run on
    > my pc incase of disaters)
    >
    > whay are outgoing pings enabled?
    >
    > Thanks

    You should talk to Andy, thread "kerio and listening", he has the
    same problems as you ;-)

    I don't know the exact mechanism involved but guess that 'listening'
    applications emit packets saying " I'm ready to connect " through
    a specific port. If you don't want that connection to take place, you
    must block incoming packets to that application, in your firewall.

Firewalls Google Security Networking