1st Person Shooter Shareware from Mid-90s

sven_rosencrans

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
Hello,

This is going to probably be tough as there's probably hundreds of weird shareware games from that time.

I keep thinking about this shareware 1st person shooter game I had back in the day, that I never got to continue because of one reason or another. It's really bugging me, not sure if it's out there somewhere or anything any more.

Here's what I can remember/know.

I've ruled out the following games: Blakestone and Rise of the Triad.
I thought it might be an Apogee game, but now thinking maybe not.
I would say it had to come out around or after Doom II, because of technical requirements, I think you could look up and down, like Heretic/Hexen.
It was definitely Pixels and not full polygons.
There were quite a few outdoor areas in the game, light color scheme.
Futuristic with some weird weapons
I want to say you could choose between three characters or three weapons or something at the beginning
Also, I think there were either little shops or some way to upgrade your weapons.

That's about all I can remember right now.

sven_rosencrans

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013

It looks like that game was only on Sega Genesis/Mega Drive. This was definitely a PC game, I'm pretty sure it was shareware as I completed the levels but there were more chapters I had to purchase.

It was set in a futuristic setting, but not dark like Zero Tolerance or Quake, it had more of a sci/fi-fantasy element to it.

sven_rosencrans

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
You know, this game: CyberMage - Darklight Awakening, kinda strikes a cord, but the images don't really look right. I wonder if it's a game similar to this though, I'm still looking, I'm going to find out.

Still any suggestions are welcome.