Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Is my laptop overheating

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 8, 2013 11:17:14 PM

Hi i am woried if my pc is overheting since i got suddnely low fps in my games and i checked my temp here are my results http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/38843269.png/



More about : laptop overheating

January 8, 2013 11:44:35 PM

I would say yes but you don'y say what the CPU or GPU is so can't say 100%.
a b D Laptop
January 9, 2013 4:44:21 AM

It's pretty hot but nowhere near hot of getting low performance. Something else is wrong.
Related resources
January 9, 2013 12:00:14 PM

well my fan gets prety loud and it gets more loud and less i never had any porblem with anything but then suddenly my fps in games were droping and my fan is much louder then before i have a http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/39/14205959.png/
i searched on the net and they say that its max temp is 85 C http://www.notebookcheck.biz/Intel-Pentium-B960-Noteboo...

i have 4 G ram and a http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/65933235.png/

power use is on hig performance and all my drivers are up to date

i know my comp isnet realy for gaming but i never had any probelms before and my games get lagy only when i hit 80C
January 9, 2013 5:10:39 PM

Sunius said:
It's pretty hot but nowhere near hot of getting low performance. Something else is wrong.







well my fan gets prety loud and it gets more loud and less i never had any porblem with anything but then suddenly my fps in games were droping and my fan is much louder then before i have a http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/39/14205959.png/
i searched on the net and they say that its max temp is 85 C http://www.notebookcheck.biz/Intel [...] 187.0.html

i have 4 G ram and a http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/65933235.png/

power use is on hig performance and all my drivers are up to date

i know my comp isnet realy for gaming but i never had any probelms before and my games get lagy only when i hit 80C


Message edited by RedJokerGR on 01-09-2013 at 02:14:41 PM
January 9, 2013 5:28:50 PM

First and foremost, you're playing on a notebook so higher temperatures are expected. Now here are some things you should mention/include/think about:
-How warm/hot is the room you're in?
-Do you play with your laptop positioned on a hard surface or is it sitting on your bed/lap/whatever else tha might restrict airflow?
-Do you have a laptop cooler?
-Is your laptop old? If so when was the last time you cleaned those dust encrusted fans of yours? :) 

I'd assume you're getting stuttering b\c you're almost maxing out on your CPU temp (GPU can usually go up to 100C) which is normally caused by poor airflow (not much expected in a laptop).
January 9, 2013 8:23:29 PM

freshtodeath said:
First and foremost, you're playing on a notebook so higher temperatures are expected. Now here are some things you should mention/include/think about:
-How warm/hot is the room you're in?
-Do you play with your laptop positioned on a hard surface or is it sitting on your bed/lap/whatever else tha might restrict airflow?
-Do you have a laptop cooler?
-Is your laptop old? If so when was the last time you cleaned those dust encrusted fans of yours? :) 

I'd assume you're getting stuttering b\c you're almost maxing out on your CPU temp (GPU can usually go up to 100C) which is normally caused by poor airflow (not much expected in a laptop).


-i got normal temp in my room
-i have my laptop on a hrad surface
-no
-i got it last summer so i have never cleaned it cuz its seems much harder to open a laptop then desk comp
-waht is suttering B/C?
January 9, 2013 8:40:49 PM

Well, normal temperature is different for everyone and 30C might be normal for you, but let's assume it's around 20C.

First thing I would suggest is getting a laptop cooler. That should drop your temperatures a bit. One thing to make sure - and it's crucial with this - is to check which way do your laptop fans push the air. They either suck in air or push out air from the bottom fans. When you figure that out, find out which way does the cooler push air - to or from the laptop. I hope you can figure out where I am going with this.

You don't really have to open your laptop to clean it to be honest. All you need is a can of compressed air (you can find it practically anywhere) and blow into the fans to get rid of the dust that has (maybe) built up. If you want to be a bit more thorough, unscrew the back piece of your laptop (most likely all visible screws - use common sense) and then clean the dust.

B\c is the short term I use for because, sorry for confusion. To touch up on that make sure that you don't have amillion processes in the background while you're playing, which is an unneccessary load on your CPU.

Short version: these are basic tips that might help your temps, not guaranteed. Check background processes, make sure you have a decent airflow and *** is not covered in dust. Lastly, google your symptoms. A lot of the time it's much easier to find answers and solutions than waiting for people to reply on forums.
January 12, 2013 2:03:39 PM

freshtodeath said:
Well, normal temperature is different for everyone and 30C might be normal for you, but let's assume it's around 20C.

First thing I would suggest is getting a laptop cooler. That should drop your temperatures a bit. One thing to make sure - and it's crucial with this - is to check which way do your laptop fans push the air. They either suck in air or push out air from the bottom fans. When you figure that out, find out which way does the cooler push air - to or from the laptop. I hope you can figure out where I am going with this.

You don't really have to open your laptop to clean it to be honest. All you need is a can of compressed air (you can find it practically anywhere) and blow into the fans to get rid of the dust that has (maybe) built up. If you want to be a bit more thorough, unscrew the back piece of your laptop (most likely all visible screws - use common sense) and then clean the dust.

B\c is the short term I use for because, sorry for confusion. To touch up on that make sure that you don't have amillion processes in the background while you're playing, which is an unneccessary load on your CPU.

Short version: these are basic tips that might help your temps, not guaranteed. Check background processes, make sure you have a decent airflow and *** is not covered in dust. Lastly, google your symptoms. A lot of the time it's much easier to find answers and solutions than waiting for people to reply on forums.



Well this compersed airworked for me ty for your adivice
!