Ps2 wont read discs

walkingepidemic

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Recently I wanted to softmod my slim PS2 (SCPH 7000), and when I tried to cover the disc switches, which sense whether the cover is closed or not, it just stopped attempting to read discs. The reason I was covering the switches is because I needed to switch out a ps2 game disc with a disc that is used to install the softmod onto the memory card. But anyway, the laser just moves upward and nothing else. The disc will no longer spin either.

This is extremely annoying, because I hope I don't have to pay for a new lens or anything like that, because I really don't want to have to. I just want a fix, even if it involved dissasembly of the PS2 console, which is about 4-5 years out of warranty anyway. So if anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Walkingepidemic

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
You will not get a reply other than this.

If you took the time to read the forum rules.

Any subject like this on anything to circumnavigate protection of software, or a hardware device, asking for it, will get you an instant ban from the forum.

As your intention is also to run copied, or duplicated games, that you simply have not bought, or intend to pay for, is called piracy. Obviously the reason you are soft modding no doubt.

Buy a new drive and replace it, it is all the advice I will give you.

walkingepidemic

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012

Actually, I just wanted to play a backup of (my copy of) GTA III, which is scratched so the PS2 couldn't read it, although my PC was able to create an ISO of it, ready for burning. This is perfectly legal, as I have retained the original copy, and haven't acquired it from a illegal download site.