Advice needed on ZA

Last response: in Networking
June 7, 2004 9:39:13 AM

Hi
Using Zone alarm pro 5.0.590.015 which I have recently purchased the license
for I am experiencing problems with the following.

When I go into Yahoo games and click on for the games the page won't load.If I
turn off the firewall it loads fine. Can one of you guys tell me exactly how to
set this firewall to allow it.

Sarah

More about : advice needed

Anonymous
June 7, 2004 12:11:59 PM

"S.Burns" <S.Burns@none.com> wrote in message news:40c445d1_1@127.0.0.1...
> Hi
> Using Zone alarm pro 5.0.590.015 which I have recently purchased the
license
> for I am experiencing problems with the following.
>
> When I go into Yahoo games and click on for the games the page won't
load.If I
> turn off the firewall it loads fine. Can one of you guys tell me exactly
how to
> set this firewall to allow it.
>
> Sarah

Do HTTP pages load from other sites? I use Kerio 2.1.5 and set 2 rules for
HTTP pages:
(1) allow TCP(Out) [Any Local port] to [Any Address]:[Port 80] Owner IE
(2) allow UDP(Out) [Any Local port] to [127.0.0.1]:[Any Port] Owner IE

Without (2) loading grinds to a halt, as the IE cache is not updated.
Anonymous
June 7, 2004 3:45:39 PM

"Alan Illeman" <illemann@surfbest.net> wrote:

>"S.Burns" <S.Burns@none.com> wrote in message news:40c445d1_1@127.0.0.1...
>> Hi
>> Using Zone alarm pro 5.0.590.015 which I have recently purchased the
>license
>> for I am experiencing problems with the following.
>>
>> When I go into Yahoo games and click on for the games the page won't
>load.If I
>> turn off the firewall it loads fine. Can one of you guys tell me exactly
>how to
>> set this firewall to allow it.
>>
>> Sarah
>
>Do HTTP pages load from other sites? I use Kerio 2.1.5 and set 2 rules for
>HTTP pages:
>(1) allow TCP(Out) [Any Local port] to [Any Address]:[Port 80] Owner IE
>(2) allow UDP(Out) [Any Local port] to [127.0.0.1]:[Any Port] Owner IE
>
>Without (2) loading grinds to a halt, as the IE cache is not updated.
---------
Yep they do load from other sites, but using what mhicaoi's post said in this
thread I have sorted it. Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Regards
Sarah

June 7, 2004 5:41:36 PM

Taking a moment's reflection, S.Burns mused:

| When I go into Yahoo games and click on for the games the page won't
| load.If I turn off the firewall it loads fine. Can one of you guys tell
| me exactly how to set this firewall to allow it.

In Program Control, turn Privacy off for the browser you use. Load your
browser, and go to the site in question.
Anonymous
June 7, 2004 5:41:37 PM

"mhicaoidh" <®êmõvé_mhic_aoidh@hotÑîXmailŠPäM.com> wrote:
>Taking a moment's reflection, S.Burns mused:
>|
>| When I go into Yahoo games and click on for the games the page won't
>| load.If I turn off the firewall it loads fine. Can one of you guys tell
>| me exactly how to set this firewall to allow it.
>
> In Program Control, turn Privacy off for the browser you use. Load your
>browser, and go to the site in question.
---------
Thank you, spot on. I have also allowed through the privacy settings to show
when a site is blocked.

Relieved
Sarah

June 7, 2004 11:32:47 PM

Taking a moment's reflection, S.Burns mused:

| Thank you, spot on. I have also allowed through the privacy settings to
| show
| when a site is blocked.

Glad that sussed it for you.
!