norton internet security AND kazaa...

Last response: in Networking
June 7, 2004 11:25:33 PM

Question:
Which ports should be open/close in my Norton firewall (and how about TCP,
ICMP, inbound/outbound settings etc) for proper functioning of Kazaa? I get
a lot (30 per minute is normal...) of intrusion alerts and this annoys me
(I enabled kazaa in Norton, but i get many requests on other ports like 137,
and TCP and ICMP requests for datagrams, and netbios stuff..., am i
vulnerable now?)
btw i always scan all downloads on viruses...

greetz
Tjako
Anonymous
June 9, 2004 6:28:12 AM

Tjako van Schie wrote:

> Question:
> Which ports should be open/close in my Norton firewall (and how about TCP,
> ICMP, inbound/outbound settings etc) for proper functioning of Kazaa? I get
> a lot (30 per minute is normal...) of intrusion alerts and this annoys me
> (I enabled kazaa in Norton, but i get many requests on other ports like 137,
> and TCP and ICMP requests for datagrams, and netbios stuff..., am i
> vulnerable now?)
> btw i always scan all downloads on viruses...
>
> greetz
> Tjako

Tjako, KaZaA uses outbound tcp/1212 and tcp/80, as well as inbound
tcp/80 once connected.
!