Sign in with
Your question

Port forwarding question about multiple Xbox 360's

Last response: in Video Games
January 10, 2013 1:39:30 AM

We have 3 Xbox 360's under one Network. We "can" all play together at the same time. But the thing is we all always have a Moderate NAT. So I was wondering what would happen if I made a Static IP and forwarded the ports Xbox uses to one Xbox. Would this effect the other Xbox's in a bad way when we all play at once? Thanks
January 11, 2013 12:32:21 PM

Your best bet would probably be to put the xboxes in your router's DMZ. If this isn't an option for you, consider changing your port settings to make them less strict. My router has endpoint settings for both TCP and UDP which I can change to force how strict the ports are. Read your router manual for details.

Port forwarding to one Xbox will probably cause problems with mutliplayer games on the other xboxes.
July 3, 2013 8:58:34 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
Your best bet would probably be to put the xboxes in your router's DMZ. If this isn't an option for you, consider changing your port settings to make them less strict. My router has endpoint settings for both TCP and UDP which I can change to force how strict the ports are. Read your router manual for details.

Port forwarding to one Xbox will probably cause problems with mutliplayer games on the other xboxes.

what happens if you have two xbox's per-say any you wanted to DMZ one and port forward the other. Would that cause any connection issues??
July 3, 2013 9:17:30 PM

runout234 said:
Hawkeye22 said:

what happens if you have two xbox's per-say any you wanted to DMZ one and port forward the other. Would that cause any connection issues??

If you have multiple xbox 360's I have learned that you need to just forget about forwarding ports/dmz host ect.

You just have to take the connection you have. Although I got a new router recently and now both my xbox's can have open nat at the same time XD

It was my crappy router that was the problem.

!