Sign in with
Your question

I Want to build a gaming PC

Last response: in Video Games
January 10, 2013 3:26:19 AM

hi, i sold my computer and now I want to buy another but I really want something better.

This is what i need to buy:

Processor + Motherboard + 8GB Memory
Power supply + Gaming Video Card.

My budget: $500. but i can raise it a little.

After reading some threads this is what I have planned to buy, but I want to know if I am making a mistake:

Processor Intel Core i5-3570k (LGA1155) Price= $220

Motherboard MSI- Z77A (M452-422) LGA1155 Price= $114.99

Kingston Hyperx blu 4gb ( PC3-10600, DDR3-1333MHZ) x2=8gb Price=35.98

Still do not know what video card and power supply to buy

More about : build gaming

January 10, 2013 3:31:14 AM

If you're planning to game and you have a $500 budget, I would really cut back on that processor/motherboard. Probably an i3 would be a better idea, if not going with something like an AMD Phenom II X4 965. For a Graphics card I'd suggest an HD 7850 with that budget. Power supply a Corsair 430 or 500 would do fine.
January 10, 2013 3:41:29 AM

i dont like amd processor and i really want this processor.. i used to have an i5 650 but i sold it so i want something faster.

The motherboard can be cheaper does not really matter for me.

any suggestion?

if this helps: i play sport games, League of legends and Need for speed. Games like that
Related resources
January 10, 2013 5:11:31 AM

ejlt said:
i dont like amd processor and i really want this processor.. i used to have an i5 650 but i sold it so i want something faster.

The motherboard can be cheaper does not really matter for me.

any suggestion?

if this helps: i play sport games, League of legends and Need for speed. Games like that

Like 'chain220' suggested you to buy Intel i3 and HD 7850.........u must go for it.
buy an Intel i3 3220 3.3 Ghz (it consists the cheapest Ivy-Bridge System. Intel i3-3220 IS BETTER THEN ALL THE AMD FX CPUs FOR GAMING and CHEAPER too... Don't think that fx has 4-8 cores so they're better for gaming.. An i3-3220 will not only give you better gaming performance then FX, but very cooler, use less power, and it should save you money. WISE CHOICE....GO FOR IT.... )

Now on to the graphic card
MSI R7850-1GD5/OC
Core Clock Speed = 900 Mhz
Memory Clock Speed = 4800 Mhz
DirectX 11
AMD CrossFireX Support

For more info about MSI R7850 1GB GDDR5/OC visit:- http://www.msi.com/product/vga/R7850-1GD5-OC.html#?div=...
January 10, 2013 10:19:10 AM

ejlt said:
hi, i sold my computer and now I want to buy another but I really want something better.

This is what i need to buy:

Processor + Motherboard + 8GB Memory
Power supply + Gaming Video Card.

My budget: $500. but i can raise it a little.

After reading some threads this is what I have planned to buy, but I want to know if I am making a mistake:

Processor Intel Core i5-3570k (LGA1155) Price= $220

Motherboard MSI- Z77A (M452-422) LGA1155 Price= $114.99

Kingston Hyperx blu 4gb ( PC3-10600, DDR3-1333MHZ) x2=8gb Price=35.98

Still do not know what video card and power supply to buy

Being a gamer for more than 15 years, my sincere advice would be "dont go for PC upgrade".

If you have enough money and you want a machine specially for gaming, go for a CONSOLE. bcoz

1. You dont have to worry about OS compatibility
2. You dont have to worry about Upgrading
3. You dont have to worry about losing FPS and start investigating what went wrong

I really fed up upgrading my PC every year. :(  :( 
January 10, 2013 10:50:23 AM

madhairsilence said:
Being a gamer for more than 15 years, my sincere advice would be "dont go for PC upgrade".

If you have enough money and you want a machine specially for gaming, go for a CONSOLE. bcoz

3. You dont have to worry about losing FPS and start investigating what went wrong

Let's say that you have a Desktop. It might last 7 years. A new desktop might cost $700. That's $100 per year. So if your UPGRADE will cost more than $100 for each remaining year... BUY NEW.
WHO SAID TO UPGRADE IT IF IT COSTS YOU MORE THAN BUYING A NEW ONE, YOUR WORDS DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE. PLAYING ON PC HAS IT'S OWN FEELING OF GAMING, LIKE U ENJOY PLAYING FPS, TACTICAL SHOOTER, AND STRATEGIC GAMES ON PC WHICH YOU WOULD NOT LIKE PLAYING ON CONSOLES. I'M NOT DISRESPECTING YOUR IDEAS, DON'T MIND.
a b ) Power supply
January 10, 2013 11:01:50 AM

If you want to stay on budget and must have the i5 then you will not get a gaming PC as you need to spend more (time and a half to double) on the graphics card than the processor to get a decent gaming PC.
a b ) Power supply
January 10, 2013 11:32:44 AM

realgangsta24 said:
Like 'chain220' suggested you to buy Intel i3 and HD 7850.........u must go for it.
buy an Intel i3 3220 3.3 Ghz (it consists the cheapest Ivy-Bridge System. Intel i3-3220 IS BETTER THEN ALL THE AMD FX CPUs FOR GAMING and CHEAPER too... Don't think that fx has 4-8 cores so they're better for gaming.. An i3-3220 will not only give you better gaming performance then FX, but very cooler, use less power, and it should save you money. WISE CHOICE....GO FOR IT.... )

Now on to the graphic card
MSI R7850-1GD5/OC
Core Clock Speed = 900 Mhz
Memory Clock Speed = 4800 Mhz
DirectX 11
AMD CrossFireX Support

For more info about MSI R7850 1GB GDDR5/OC visit:- http://www.msi.com/product/vga/R7850-1GD5-OC.html#?div=...

No it's not http://www.anandtech.com/show/6396/the-vishera-review-a....

The i3 isn't faster than the new vishera serie.

The best CPU you could get at the price is FX 6300, it should be priced around 140$.
a b ) Power supply
January 10, 2013 11:34:33 AM

madhairsilence said:

Consoles suck.

Performance and visuals are way better on a PC. A controller doesn't go well with FPS, do you think it's for fun that you get auto-aiming on a console? So the gaming experience won't be the same.
January 10, 2013 12:45:20 PM

lostgamer_03 said:
No it's not http://www.anandtech.com/show/6396/the-vishera-review-a....

The i3 isn't faster than the new vishera serie.

The best CPU you could get at the price is FX 6300, it should be priced around 140$.

i3 3220 has 2 cores and 4 threads, so its almost a quad core using hyperthreading And no. of cores don't matter in gaming, the strength of the core matters No. of cores matter only in 3D rendering and animation works.
The Ivy bridge architecture is better than Bulldozer architecture.
Lets see as No. of cores = No. of Lanes on a Highway
Now u drive a Cycle on a 6 lane highway, or u drive a Ferrari on a 2 lane highway. Which is faster?

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/amd-fx-812...

Thats how a 2 core i3 processor, beats a 8 core AMD processor
Intel better than AMD for sure in gaming.
a b ) Power supply
January 10, 2013 1:00:38 PM

realgangsta24 said:
i3 3220 has 2 cores and 4 threads, so its almost a quad core using hyperthreading And no. of cores don't matter in gaming, the strength of the core matters No. of cores matter only in 3D rendering and animation works.
The Ivy bridge architecture is better than Bulldozer architecture.
Lets see as No. of cores = No. of Lanes on a Highway
Now u drive a Cycle on a 6 lane highway, or u drive a Ferrari on a 2 lane highway. Which is faster?

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/amd-fx-812...

Thats how a 2 core i3 processor, beats a 8 core AMD processor
Intel better than AMD for sure in gaming.

It's the vishera CPUs that is better than i3 - Not bulldozer. Even the FX 4300 beats it. You can't argue against facts.
!