SSD Install+HDD Help

speakerman9529

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
So I am buying a Samsung 830 128GB SSD for my new build. Later on when I get more money I will buy a 1TB Storage drive. So for now I wil lbe installing Windows 8 on the SSD, Later do I just connect the HArddrive in a bay to the computer and done or do I have to like reinstall Windows 8 with partitions and stuff

Solution
Should be able to just install HDD, boot, then go in to Disk manager (In windows 7 you just rt click my computer and select manage, then Disk manager). From there you initialize, partition and format the HDD. Then start using. Win 8 shiould be the same, however it may be smarter so that after installation and boot it will recognize new HDD and either set it up ar at least prompt you to set it up.
Should be able to just install HDD, boot, then go in to Disk manager (In windows 7 you just rt click my computer and select manage, then Disk manager). From there you initialize, partition and format the HDD. Then start using. Win 8 shiould be the same, however it may be smarter so that after installation and boot it will recognize new HDD and either set it up ar at least prompt you to set it up.

Solution