Shogun 2

dutch13

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Help D:

Ok well I have a problem. Whenever I play shogun 2 it forces the pc to restart merely minutes into it. Before anyone says psu. Its an AX 850 for only two 7870 non oc'd. Furmark reads on 69 at 100% and the I7 only goes to 56. Every other game I own runs awesomly on this setup. Maxed out metro 2033 is awesome!! But I really love shogun 2 and I want to play it again. I updated my motherboard's bios and have the newest drivers for both my cards and audio.

Any help would be realllllllly appreciated!!!!!!!

G

I don't play except legendary too but takeda have a bad position you really can't trade with west easily and is a real pain in the ass when you have a clan near takeda. And aizu is the one i don't like at all but i had the half of the japan once with aizu. And because tosa is a good clan to improve with, you really can win with tosa. And my favorite is oda and in the fall of the samurai i don't have favorite. I play whatever comes next.

dutch13

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Ok this is just wacked. So I sat down to play shogun 2... And guess what even with crossfire disabled it does it now... Really this is so wrong.... Crysis 2, metro 2033 and skyrim work fine for hours... But shogun 2 still forces a restart... :'(

dutch13

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
I disabled hyperthreading and the .1ghz overclock and still no go. However I did note one thing... When I boot back into windows two interesting things happen.

1st: An error message cant access a .cpl file something about it not being valid win 32 fuction. (I am using 64 bit?)
2nd: Everything seems to want to be activated again. Like when open steam its like its been freshly installed and wants me to verify that I accept terms and conditions. Secondly my two cards default clocks come back. Factory oc'd cards so I turned them down to 1000 mhz...

Maybe something there can be of help? Th

dutch13

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
I did, ok darth mate thanks for your help :) I have found a long lasting fix. It seems one of my ram dimms was faulty. I ran memtest and it picked up nothing one time and then problems all over the place the next so that must be it. No guarantees but that seems to have fixed it. Wish me luck and I hope to meet both of you on the feild of battle! :sol: