Score Cheep 92mm papst fans

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
wow, 37db...that's not SUPER quiet now is it?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Also notice that it's thicker than a standard fan (standard fan is 1" thick).

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
Oh well, should have a lot of pressure, will work good on my upcomming watercooled peltier. Anyhow 4 of these at say 9v (making custom fan Voltage regulator) should do the trick staying relitivly quiet.

If it isn't a P6 then it isn't a procesor
110% BX fanboy

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Remember that fan busses turn power into heat! That's the job of a resistor!

You can get 7v simply by connecting the 12v line to + and the 5v line to - on the fans, so long as they aren't grounded.

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
duh...crash by now i do know the 7v trick...

We'll see what happens, but doesn't a resistor also turn power into heat? The only way not to waste power would be to use some swich mode regulator...which i'm not gonna spend the time designing.

110% BX fanboy

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
What I meant to say was, a fanbus employs a potentiometer, which is a variable resistor, and that the job of any resistor is to turn power into heat!

The only way not to waste power is to do the 7v trick

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
I never mentioned a varriable resistor though...i said voltage regulator (which will still change power into heat) Anyhow, the short answer is that is not an option because the power for my Radiator fans will be comming from a server powersupply (which will also power my peltier), the 7v trick does not seem to work on this powersupply, i have tried many times with fans and 12v car lightbulbs, my guess is there is a Diode that only allows current to flow in 1 direction...out of the powersupply.

110% BX fanboy