fans, hole, CIRCLE?? HOW??!!!!!

Ris3n_Da3mon

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2003
So, I need to make a hole to put a fan for intake by my radiator, and i was wondering what would be the best way to get a nice even circular hole?

SAITCH0

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
Nothing beat a hole saw for a circular hole. Always use the one with a center pilot. I used a few drop of tapping oil to keep it from heating up. The key is slow and steady. It is way easier to use a press drill instead of a hand drill. At work i clamped a piece of plywood on the press drill then i clamped my panel on that piece of wood. I suggest you tape the whole face of the panel and drill it from the inside.I did the exact same thing for my plexiglass window.

Hope it help.

Ris3n_Da3mon

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2003
WOOT! thankx for all the ideas, I'll probobly just end up using a jigsaw, using a hole saw would require me actually going out, buying it, and using the money that i don't have.....maybe one of my friends have one.

psykoikonov

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
82mm hole saw (make sure for metal) found at any hardware store, something to burnish it with (side of screw driver, to remove slivers before sanding) and sand smooth (400 grit). Perfect hole everytime and only close inspection by someone will tell you did it (as apposed to the case manufacturer).

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?showtopic=421" target="_new">Psyko's Puter</A>