Sygate Security Agent and Local Network

Last response: in Networking
a b D Laptop
a b 8 Security
June 8, 2004 8:02:04 PM

Hi,

I have 3 computers (1 desktop, 2 laptops.) connected to a Linksys WRT54G
Router.

1 Desktop has Norton Personal Firewall (v.2003)
1 Laptop has Sygate Personal Firewall (v.5.5 build 2525)
1 Laptop has Sygate Security Agent (v.3.5)

The SSA protected computer will not allow access to it from other computers
on the Network unless it is disabled. On the computer with SPF, I can go
into Tools - Options - Network Neighborhood and allow access to it. On the
SSA computer, there is no "Options" tab on the Tools menu. So my question
is, how can I allow access to it from the Network, without having to disable
it and expose it to the online world?

Thanks,

Karl Shaw.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b 8 Security
June 8, 2004 8:48:59 PM

"Karl Shaw" <karlshaw4@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Hi,
>
> I have 3 computers (1 desktop, 2 laptops.) connected to a Linksys
> WRT54G Router.
>
> 1 Desktop has Norton Personal Firewall (v.2003)
> 1 Laptop has Sygate Personal Firewall (v.5.5 build 2525)
> 1 Laptop has Sygate Security Agent (v.3.5)
>
> The SSA protected computer will not allow access to it from other
> computers on the Network unless it is disabled. On the computer with
> SPF, I can go into Tools - Options - Network Neighborhood and allow
> access to it. On the SSA computer, there is no "Options" tab on the
> Tools menu. So my question is, how can I allow access to it from the
> Network, without having to disable it and expose it to the online
> world?

What on-line world are you talking about?

1) The machines are behind a NAT router and they're not exposed to the
on-line world.

2) You're talking about your LAN behind the router and you don't trust
none of the machines on the LAN.

3) Maybe, you're talking about the wireless.

Duane :)
!