Sign in with
Your question

PS3 slim 160 gb really loud noise

Last response: in Video Games
January 12, 2013 4:43:20 AM

I just recieved my new ps3 slim 160 gb console today from bestbuy.com, it keeps making what sounds like a computer booting (beeping) , mixed with someone sawing wood (scratching), when its loading or starting up a game. im new to video gaming and was wondering if its supposed to be like that, or if something is wrong, because as i said, its BRAND NEW.
January 12, 2013 6:36:46 AM

Sounds like its probably just the hard drive spinning, mine does that all the time, when it boots and loads games etc. which is perfectly normal :) 
m
l
January 13, 2013 12:12:56 AM

It should not be making those noises. I would take it back ASAP. I think you can return them directly to the store if one is close by. I have a PS3 slim since they came out and it does not make any such noise. It should make noises similar to a laptop or small PC at the very most.
m
l
Related resources
January 13, 2013 12:19:24 AM

jay2tall said:
It should not be making those noises. I would take it back ASAP. I think you can return them directly to the store if one is close by. I have a PS3 slim since they came out and it does not make any such noise. It should make noises similar to a laptop or small PC at the very most.

I've had 3 ps3's and I almost guarantee its just his hdd spinning, but yeah let him do what he wants.. take it back if you can, just to make sure
m
l
January 13, 2013 8:21:17 AM

I only own an Xbox 360 although my cousin has a PS3 and it does not make any of those weird sounds, I would recommend you get the console checked to prevent any future problems.
m
l
February 20, 2013 8:25:34 AM

I would like to spread a message : The new PS3 Super Slim is HORRIBLE! Don't waste your money on that! I was heavily dissapointed with it.
m
l
February 20, 2013 1:35:25 PM

Way to revive a dead thread, but you are right. My buddy won one as a prize and it died the 3rd time he turned it on. took it back to BestBuy for a replacement. It's cheap and I'd buy a slim if you can.
m
l
March 2, 2013 11:53:55 AM

jay2tall said:
Way to revive a dead thread, but you are right. My buddy won one as a prize and it died the 3rd time he turned it on. took it back to BestBuy for a replacement. It's cheap and I'd buy a slim if you can.

The PS3 Slim is a lot better than the Super Slim. And you are not going to carry it around then why make it small, I mean that is so stupid! My Gaming PC blows both the Consoles out of the plane of existence and my PC also blows away the rumored PS4. My PC beats the hell out of even the Mac PRO, I was just saying the real power of a good PC.
m
l
!