PS3 slim 160 gb really loud noise

skylerwesley

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
I just recieved my new ps3 slim 160 gb console today from bestbuy.com, it keeps making what sounds like a computer booting (beeping) , mixed with someone sawing wood (scratching), when its loading or starting up a game. im new to video gaming and was wondering if its supposed to be like that, or if something is wrong, because as i said, its BRAND NEW.

It should not be making those noises. I would take it back ASAP. I think you can return them directly to the store if one is close by. I have a PS3 slim since they came out and it does not make any such noise. It should make noises similar to a laptop or small PC at the very most.

thomasf94

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012

I've had 3 ps3's and I almost guarantee its just his hdd spinning, but yeah let him do what he wants.. take it back if you can, just to make sure

Angry Bellic

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012

The PS3 Slim is a lot better than the Super Slim. And you are not going to carry it around then why make it small, I mean that is so stupid! My Gaming PC blows both the Consoles out of the plane of existence and my PC also blows away the rumored PS4. My PC beats the hell out of even the Mac PRO, I was just saying the real power of a good PC.

TRENDING THREADS