Slasher42

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2003
I just ordered some parts from newegg:

Antec Super Lan Boy ATX Case with 120mm Intake and 120mm Exhaust fans

ABIT 865PE Model "IS7-E" -RETAIL

Intel Pentium 4/ 2.6C Hyper Threading Technology - Retail

2x512(Dual Channel Kit) Geil Golden Dragon PC3500

And im just gonna move over my other components for now, may upgrade my Vid Card soon its a Radeon 9500pro right now. I've got 2 of the WD 80 SE drives so those are fine.

With those parts using the stock HS/Fan on the CPU can I expect a small overclock to like 216fsb? That would put the Ram on a 1:1 ratio at its Spec of ddr433 if i'm not mistaken?

Even if I cant/dont OC its still gonna be much better then what I have now.
Soyo KT133 Motherboard
Athlon 900mhz
512mb PC133

Any comments are welcome! :)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Should've spent the extra $10 to get the full version IS7 instead of the cut down -E.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Slasher42

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2003
The IS7 has Firewire ports and Raid on the SATA right?

Are those the only 2 diffrences?

If those are the only 2 diffrences im just keeping the -E because ive never come across anything I needed Firewire for, and I dont want to use Raid.

As for the 9500Pro, its a decent card, I'll probably wait until the next gen of GPU comes out then buy a 9800XT when thier prices go down some.

I've never seen the logic in spending $400 for a Grafx card when thier product cycle is supposed to put a new one out every 6-8 months.