Sign in with
Your question

Graphics Settings for Planetside 2?

Last response: in Video Games
January 13, 2013 6:47:05 AM

First of all sorry if I posted this on wrong section ( As you can see i'm new here :o  ).

I basically was wondering what's the best settings I can use to play Planetside 2 with my specs ( I can currently play stable on medium settings, didn't tried on high yet )

Mobo: Asrock G41MH/USB3.0
RAM:6GB RAM
Processor: Pentium Dual Core E5800 3.20GHz
Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 650 N650-265 OC Edition.

Thanks for you time!
January 15, 2013 11:14:40 PM

i dont think a dual core can run that game. you need like a i7 to run the game, oh and if you must ask i have a i5 intel core pc.
January 15, 2013 11:34:06 PM

al dem de said:
i dont think a dual core can run that game. you need like a i7 to run the game, oh and if you must ask i have a i5 intel core pc.

Lies. Firstly, a dual core can play it. Secondly you don't "need like an i7". There is no performance difference between i5 and i7 when it comes to gaming. Finally, he didn't ask, so why you are saying "if you must ask" is beyond me.

Welcome to the forums. Your post makes sense in this section. Nobody really cares most of the time to be honest, it's more about trying to reach the largest audience who would know about the topic. For that reason, you probably made the right decision to post it here. Something like "graphics cards" would of also worked. The only circumstance I could see a mod/admin taking action would be if you posted this thread in like the networking section or something. Anyway, [/rant].

I think you may be able to do high, but medium is probably the right setting for you if you want to maintain 60FPS.

Related resources
January 15, 2013 11:49:25 PM

Alexis1444 said:
First of all sorry if I posted this on wrong section ( As you can see i'm new here :o  ).

I basically was wondering what's the best settings I can use to play Planetside 2 with my specs ( I can currently play stable on medium settings, didn't tried on high yet )

Mobo: Asrock G41MH/USB3.0
RAM:6GB RAM
Processor: Pentium Dual Core E5800 3.20GHz
Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 650 N650-265 OC Edition.

Thanks for you time!

Probably Medium. What's your current fps at medium? You can find this out by getting a freeware fps counter or using a recording program like fraps or bandicam if you don't normally check to see what you're running at. If you get around 25-50 frames at medium I would stick to that.

Planetside 2 is VERY cpu intensive. Although you're able to run the game fine now, higher settings might give you trouble. But there shouldn't be any harm in testing. Shadows and Anti-Aliasing are things that will probably effect you the most, so try tweaking other settings to high and see how your computer handles it.
January 16, 2013 12:48:45 AM

nickprovs said:
Probably Medium. What's your current fps at medium? You can find this out by getting a freeware fps counter or using a recording program like fraps or bandicam if you don't normally check to see what you're running at. If you get around 25-50 frames at medium I would stick to that.

Planetside 2 is VERY cpu intensive. Although you're able to run the game fine now, higher settings might give you trouble. But there shouldn't be any harm in testing. Shadows and Anti-Aliasing are things that will probably effect you the most, so try tweaking other settings to high and see how your computer handles it.

Yeah, it's not like your going to fry your GPU or anything. Nothing bad will happen if you increase the settings. Just test different combinations. I know some people who love AA and don't really care about shadows, and some who are the opposite. Just find the combination that works best for you.
January 16, 2013 1:43:25 PM

Quote:
def not high as my 3570k @4.2Ghz. gtx 660 sc drops to mid 40fps in intense firefights. Good news is I can't really tell a difference between medium and maxing the game out.

Yeah, I find that with a lot of games. In Battlefield 3 I can barely tell the difference between medium and ultra. Low has some obvious downsides, but for the most part I find medium looks pretty good. Resolution makes a huge difference though. I'd rather play on low at 1080P than Ultra at 720P.
!