pitsi

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2003
I am quite an experienced user when it comes to computer hardware but I am a total noob when it comes to watercooling. Lately, I've been thinking of moving to watercooling from my SLK-800 & SmartFan II. I've tried searching the web and reading various articles but I am still quite confused. The way I see it, the only way I will manage to watercool my CPU is to buy one of those pre-assembled watercooling kits, instead of "building" my own.

Are there are any users here that have previous experience with watercooling? What are your suggestions for a noob like me? I've been looking at Asetek's Waterchill (btw, I live in Europe) and I was also wondering how would a system like that compares to my current heatsink/fan, when it comes to (a) performance and (b) noise. What other pre-assembled kits are available and which are the best?

I was also wondering whether I would need a new case for setting up a watercooling kit. I would like *everything* to be nicely arranged inside the case but is this even possible? One potential problem that comes into my mind right now is where I should place the radiator's fan. I hope I am making sense here :)

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

pitsi

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2003
After making this post, I did a little bit more of research and I "discovered" Corsair's Hydrocool200 and Koolance Exos. If performance is acceptable from this kind of watercooling, I think I would prefer it because of its simplicity and also because I won't need messing with my current case. What do you think about this? I checked a few reviews about Hydrocool200 and almost every review says is an excellent product.

Btw, I am planning to spend about USD $200.

Ed_Phoon

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Avoid <A HREF="http://www.overclockers.com/articles898/" target="_new"> this </A> too.

There're many water cooling kits review at overclockers.com, link's <A HREF="http://www.overclockers.com/articles373/" target="_new"> here </A>.