Sign in with
Your question

2.6c system last check before order

Last response: in Overclocking
January 3, 2004 10:39:30 AM

ASUS P4C800-E DELUXE
Before i order this comp i wanted to get some reviews from you guys...

2.6C
OCZ Enhanced Latency Series Gold Edition PC-4000 512x2 2.5-4-4-7
Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu Pure Copper
DiamondMax Plus 9 60 gig x 2
Hercules RADEON 9800PRO
Audigy 2 PCI ZS Platinum

I plan on OCing to 3.25 maybe more if i get the hang of it... just wonderin bout stuff i should change... also will the new batch 2.6c nonsense affect my oc to 3.25? and is the ram overkill.. if even the right ram at all? finally maybe not the right place to post it but is the hercules 9800 worth the extra 40 bucks?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by o12kpnamja on 01/03/04 11:26 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

More about : system check order

January 3, 2004 5:36:23 PM

Buy the Abit IS7. Now you have the money to buy Hercules vid card.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 3, 2004 11:42:43 PM

Buy the Abit IS7. Use the money you saved to offset the extra $40. I OWN the P4C800-E Deluxe, it's a fast board with lots of nifty features, nearly ALL of them have flaky voltage regulators which can adversly affect your overclock.

I have one of those newer 2.6C's, it will only run 3250MHz between 1.64v and 1.75v core. The P4C800-E Deluxe can't maintain that range using the 1.70v setting. Ideally I'd want to have 1.65v to 1.70v using the 1.675v setting, but that won't happen. I've downclocked it to 240MHz FSB just to maintain sanity.

I'd get the AlCu. The CU just doesn't seem to work any better in real-world tests I've seen. And it cost more, and weighs more.

I'm not so keen on that sound card either. Try the onboard, it has a fairly good codec, and then decide if it's REALLY worth over $200 to get marginally better sound from the card you're considering.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
Related resources
January 4, 2004 3:08:18 AM

just wonderin which is7 to buy... the max 3 or the is7-g... and the differences between them... money isnt that big of an issue... i can afford the extra 40 bucks.. i just dont like havin to pay for it if it doesnt make that much of a difference... also i need that sound card as i will need the extra audio inputs...
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 4, 2004 3:36:28 AM

The standard IS7 has SATA RAID, IEE1394, LAN, 2 analog inputs, 3 analog outputs, a digital audio input, and a digital audio output. It cost less than $100 now.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
January 4, 2004 5:07:18 PM

Quote:
is the ram overkill..

IMO the Enhanced Latency is so not worth the money, but the normal version instead, or go PC4200/4400 with the money you save. At higher speeds, latency means a lot less. If you want a good sink I recommend the Thermalright SP-94, noise then depends on which fan you put on it (a Zalman smart fan or a 92mm Thermaltake Tornado...)

Got a nice overclocked overvolted system to keep you warm at night? That's great. Guess I'll have to settle for a woman...
January 4, 2004 9:02:07 PM

Darn and I payed $109 for mine. Back in July.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 4, 2004 9:20:15 PM

Yes, and the depreciation was worth all these months of service!

!