How to close all ports?

Hi,

I am trying to close several of my ports or specific what ports (tcp,
udp 161, 162, etc) to close
and also to block all icmp pings and signals. Can that be done on Norton
personal firewall 2003?

regards, Veni

I don't know if you can do this with Norton, but with our product you can do
it.

http://europe-01.securepoint.de/securepoint_pcfirewall_setup_3.5d.exe

greetings,

Andi

"Inveni" <inveni@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to close several of my ports or specific what ports (tcp,
> udp 161, 162, etc) to close
> and also to block all icmp pings and signals. Can that be done on Norton
> personal firewall 2003?
>
> regards, Veni

Goto the Norton personal firewall

Click configure

then click on the advanced tab

You should then see all the current rules and what they do, like
allowing outbound ICMP or blocking outbound Netbios.

from here you can add you own rules, to permit block or monitor traffic
to, from or to and from other computers. You can specify any computer
(read IP address) or add you own IP, where you can specify a single IP,
A range or an entire Network. After this you can specify TCP, UDP, Both
or ICMP and then have the rule block on all ports or one which you
specify.

After you have creaed the rule you have the option to log it or to have
it pop up the alert bar when activated.

Lastly you name the rule and save it.

Once you're happy with the rule position in the appropriate place in
the rules list.

So the short answer to your question is yes it can be done.

Regards
Dave