P4 Heatsink + Fans Etc

ChaoticLusts

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2003
Hey All

I'm looking at upgrading soon (this month) to a P4 3.0 probably in a Xaser 3000a case. Now i've had no experience in this area before and there's a TON of conflicting info out there. I was wondering what's a good heatsink and cpu fan to buy for that chip in that case? I will be buying a good power supply to go along with it (probably an antec truepower or truecontrol 480 or 550 watts a recommendation on that would be apprieciated as well ^_^).

I'm going to be overclocking my CPU, memory (which will be corsair almost definatly from what i've read) and graphics card (haven't decided on that one yet) a very reasonable amount and am looking for the optimal means to do this. The Xaser case seemed a good start i'm looking for a heads up from there if anyone can help with which extra parts to get?

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Noel Adams 1952-2002

Ed_Phoon

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thermalright slk-900u, 947u, 948u or the sp-94.
The sp-94 utilising heatpipe, but I did't see a big difference when compared it with slk-900u