Andy

I find that I just get a cannot connect page when I try to post in Google
Groups. But, If I click on th Kerio icon in the system tray such that I
get the firewall window on the screen, then I can post. There is something
that I am missing in the configuration.

Can anyone helo

using IE5, windows98se

--
All responses to the newsgroup please

"Andy" <anonREMOVE_THIS6bd2@blackhole.nyx.net> wrote in message
> I find that I just get a cannot connect page when I try to post in Google
> Groups. But, If I click on th Kerio icon in the system tray such that I
> get the firewall window on the screen, then I can post. There is something
> that I am missing in the configuration.

Sounds like you have it set to "Deny Unknown". Post all your
settings for Kerio, so we can see.

Andy

Alan Illeman <illemann@surfbest.net> wrote:

> "Andy" <anonREMOVE_THIS6bd2@blackhole.nyx.net> wrote in message
>> I find that I just get a cannot connect page when I try to post in Google
>> Groups. But, If I click on th Kerio icon in the system tray such that I
>> get the firewall window on the screen, then I can post. There is something
>> that I am missing in the configuration.

> Sounds like you have it set to "Deny Unknown". Post all your
> settings for Kerio, so we can see.

I am set to 'Ask Me First'

Regarding the filter rules should my settings be the same as those given
in the help file, or are these just examples.

Bit of a labour posting all the filter settings. I am trying to find a way
of copying and pasting. Because of my posting problems, I am posting from
within a UNIX system at the moment.

Thanks

Andy

Alan Illeman <illemann@surfbest.net> wrote:

> "Andy" <anonREMOVE_THIS6bd2@blackhole.nyx.net> wrote in message
>> I find that I just get a cannot connect page when I try to post in Google
>> Groups. But, If I click on th Kerio icon in the system tray such that I
>> get the firewall window on the screen, then I can post. There is something
>> that I am missing in the configuration.

> Sounds like you have it set to "Deny Unknown". Post all your
> settings for Kerio, so we can see.

Every time I have the kerio window dispplayed I can get the login page to
google groups. But if I leave it in the system tray, I get the no page
found.

jed

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

I registered with google and fould that Kerio connects just fine. That you
are also getting connected then it can't stay connected is a curious point.

Before I go any further, download and install IE6. then get all the security
updates (IE5 is no longer safe with the current crop of exploits.)

Now, with that of my chest... It could be a flawed installation of Kerio
(although I would think that it would present on other sites as well.) I
guess Iwould try uninstalling Kerio, rebooting than re-installing Kerio
again. (Don't forget to turn off any resident progrtams that monitor the
system, such as any anti-virus or anti-trojan checkers.)

There's also the probability that some other program is the culprit, perhaps
a pop-up blocker. Check and see what else is running that could possibily
interfer. Ad-blocker, pop-up blocker, etc. Google could be detecting this
and giving you problems in an attemp to get you to turn it off. (???)

Why would it connect if you right-clicked the Kerio icon and opened the
administrative screen? No idea, Status & Administrative screens have no
effect on the packets moving through the machine. That you are getting it to
connect first, then to a 404 error is indictive of Google causing it (I
guess.)

Upgrade the browser, then try again. (That's my advice.) Even if that's not
the problem, you'll be better off.

JED wrote:

>Before I go any further, download and install IE6. then get all the security
>updates (IE5 is no longer safe with the current crop of exploits.)

Neither is IE6.

"Micheal Robert Zium" <mrozium@XSPAMX-yahoo.com> wrote in message
> JED wrote:
>
> >Before I go any further, download and install IE6. then get all the
security
> >updates (IE5 is no longer safe with the current crop of exploits.)
>
> Neither is IE6.

I'm using IE5.5 from the Win2K CD and there's no problems
using it with Kerio 2.1.5 so long as I log on to my ISP with
a user account with as few permissions as I need. I have no
'security updates' at all, only SP4. Getting Kerio just 'right'
is the trick.