How to connect xbox360 to a dvi/vga screen

RedLight5

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Hi Forum

This is what I own

the normal red yellow white av cables and a hdmi cable. I read up a bit and I really want to look into getting me hdmi to dvi adapter but what I don't under stand is how do you connect your audio to headphones or any other sound system ( For now only headphones ) please give me a few steps on doing the audio things. See I live in South Africa so no need to link me something to buy if you know about South African websites that sell this products please do link them. Other wise where can I find this item locally ? A china shop ? Also what do I ask the people when I walk into their shop ( We do have a PC Mart )

Thanks Forum RedLight5

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
It depends on the model of the Xbox 360, some white versions of the console had an added HDMI port fitted to the back of the console as a later edition.
I presume yours is a white console with just the Yellow, red and white cables coming from the back but also having a Red, Green, and Blue on the end of the cable. You can buy a Ypbr converter to Hdmi adapter so you can connect the xbox to a monitor and the signal to it will be Hdmi 720p. as for the audio you have two options. Some Hi-fi systems support and Aux audio input so you would plug the red and white from the xbox lead into them. Its the only way I know but someone else may have a better option. The connections are called phono BTW.

RedLight5

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Well I have a xbox 360 slim black It has a built in hdmi port but what sort of adapters is needed. No I want to plug my headphones into a 3.5mm female. I just don't know how to ask the locals for these adapters because they look confused when I get technical

RedLight5

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
I don't want it in a tv. I am a student we don't own a tv I want to try and connect it to a computer screen ( The screen has a dvi port and vga port ) I'd prefer connecting through the DVI port but the cables I saw online does not own a audio outlet. So my question is how do you connect your xbox to a computer screen with a audio outlet