Removing Bethesda files

dampat

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Hello,
I am trying to clean up my computer, and I can not remove a program, or files that show up when I go into the Add or Remove Programs feature. The program shows up as Oblivion, a Bethesda game. The error message I recive is:
---------------------------
Oblivion
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (390)
PAPP:Oblivion
PVENDOR:Bethesda Softworks (http://www.bethsoft.com)
PGUID:35CB6715-41F8-4F99-8881-6FC75BF054B0
$11.0.0.28844
@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) IE 8.0.6001.18702
OK

followed by:
Set up has experienced an error.
Please do the following
Close any running programs
Empty your temporary folder
Check your internet connection
Then try to run setup again
Error code -5001
Anyone know how to get rid of this?
Thanks.
Ken
Empty temp folder

Solution
1. You're in Add and Remove Programs and you're trying to remove Oblivion, as stated, correct?

2. Have you EVER tried to remove it before? If you went to Program Files and deleted the folder instead of first trying to uninstall it from Add or Remove programs, than you could have removed the built-in uninstaller.

3. Reinstall the game if you still have the Disc and then try to remove it again!

MistahYebba

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
1. You're in Add and Remove Programs and you're trying to remove Oblivion, as stated, correct?

2. Have you EVER tried to remove it before? If you went to Program Files and deleted the folder instead of first trying to uninstall it from Add or Remove programs, than you could have removed the built-in uninstaller.

3. Reinstall the game if you still have the Disc and then try to remove it again!

Solution

dampat

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010

The computer was originally my sons. I don't know if he tried to remove it, or if he still has the discs, I will check with him.
Thanks for your response.