Sign in with
Your question

Trolls and Trolling ... - Page 3

Last response: in News & Leisure
March 17, 2012 12:04:09 PM

no 40 somethings LOL
remember I am 41 yrs old
even a nice cougar 50 yr old is cool

but you know those 70 yr olds with the new hips you could teach you a thing or two
LOL
March 18, 2012 1:29:45 AM

Statistically here if your a women and have not married by 27 the next time the odds work out in your favour (there are more available men than women) your 55 or more.

So there plenty of hope for you both ...

Even if your butt ugly ...

Which is what I suspect is the case.

There are plenty of blind women too.

:) 
March 18, 2012 2:55:41 AM

blind women are totally okay by me LOL
personality is my strong point :) 
Related resources
March 18, 2012 11:43:31 AM

Absolutely.

We just need to boost your confidence.

Take riser out on the p!ss (since you live in the same country) and he can be your wingman and bodyguard ...

The results might maje some good stories here ... or even the news?
March 18, 2012 11:49:55 AM

hee hee hee
It wasnt a good night of partying if there wasnt some police and news trucks LOL
March 19, 2012 11:41:47 AM

I went to an event yesterday to mingle with the local community. I'm new to the area and don't really know anyone outside of work. After a year of focusing on work, time to get out and focus on that aspect. Yeah. I'm invited to a dinner party later this week, a couple additional events in the next two weeks, plus a few are looking to set me up with some of their single friends. A couple married women, with their husbands present, were asking if I was single and openly stating how cute I was. If I was like 18-20..ok. It was a bit awkward but funny. But I'm game I suppose. I just ended a 3 year relationship so I'm not in a rush to jump back into something. Trying to learn my area.

I have been told many, many times that I am intimidating. While a good wingman, sometimes I intimidate people. :(  Which is funny, because if you met me you would think I was anything but intimidating. I'm always asked if I'm former military or a police officer. I have that kind of build. I'm easy to talk to, successful in my career, well spoken, blah blah. As my brother says, I need to date a woman smarter than me. haha
March 19, 2012 11:46:37 AM

Its a pity wingy wasn't here ... he would have some helpful advice for you.

March 19, 2012 1:11:49 PM

I wouldnt worry about findind a woman in bars for sure
Usually when a good woman comes along is when you least expect
when you get all cleaned up and dressed real nice to go to the bar or party
never seem to meet anybody good
but when you go to the coffee shop in the morning in your sweats and baseball cap
is when SHE is there
also work can be a good place to meet women

but bars and parties usually lead to drama......
March 19, 2012 2:55:05 PM

I moved into a nice apartment complex. The pool is the place but man is there drama. Neighbors wanted to introduce me to their friend.. a year older than me with a 13 year old kid.. say WHAT? Hell No. On top of that she lives in the apartment complex.

The best part of being in an apartment is that you can always up and move. :) 

I don't have a problem meeting women.. finding one that I actually want to be around is another story. I don't do well with drama or stupid people. :)  Finding one gainfully employed in a decent job is the toughest part. But I digress. haha

Where I live there aren't many bars.. restaurants, yes, bars, no.
March 19, 2012 3:02:15 PM

every women will bring some sort of drama
just be careful you dont get one with more baggage than an airport terminal LOL
there is always some other woman that is out to get them
there is usually some sort of ex-boyfriend that is a pain in the arse
there is usually some sisters or mother that is a problem

it isnt a matter of finding one with no drama
just finding one with drama you can deal with
March 19, 2012 3:14:03 PM

ah I'm in a new city so that works to my benefit too. I should have moved down here a single man but I opted to bring the GF along for better opportunities. That turned out to be a mistake.

People are nicer in some southern states, no doubt. Spring/Summer is here, time to start things off right. :) 
March 19, 2012 3:21:35 PM

find yourself a nice southern belle :) 
somebody a little old fashioned and sweet
if they still exist LOL
March 19, 2012 3:34:02 PM

haha yeah. Driving out of the apartment yesterday.... holy crap. A couple of the girls down at the pool. Wow.
March 19, 2012 3:58:48 PM

i am not much of a city person
grew up in the suburbs/country
but living in Jersey City NJ (Armpit of Manhattan)
I am amazed by all the women I see
In on half hour drive on a nice day I will see more pretty women
than in a week at the suburbs
seems that the women outnumber the men here
shame I aint single LOL
March 19, 2012 6:18:22 PM

You know why people in New York City are pissed off? The light at the end of their tunnel is New Jersey.

I work in a male dominated field.. I work in a location that is male dominated. Most of the people are work with are in their late 40s or 50s, some into their 60s. Of my age there are 2 others.

As far as getting out, I'm still learning the area. The recently Ex didn't really like going out places, or we'd only go to the same places, never really out exploring. I had to plan and schedule everything or it didn't happen. Now, I have an excuse. I'm the new guy. :) 
March 19, 2012 7:14:45 PM

cool freedom from a bad relationship is a good feeling
as long as lonliness doesn't set in
it is good that you want to explore and see new places and people
alot of people after a break up will shut themselves in
sounds like you have a real healthy attitude about things in general
March 19, 2012 7:15:21 PM

I got to check my spelling on "lonliness"
doesnt look right
March 19, 2012 7:27:23 PM

Eh, life goes on. Anything I do I will make happen. Enter someone else (ie, a variable I can't control) and then that's where the problems start popping up. I'm not a control freak by any means, quite the opposite actually. We're all adults, act like one, and I place reasonable expectations on everyone. Probably why many people let me down eh? haha
I spent years traveling on my own so I'm not afraid to go out on my own and conversing with people is fairly easy for me. It is a matter of knowing where to go.

I tend to want to hang around people who want to do better in life. I live in a really nice apartment complex, yet I want to drive the 15 minutes to the nicer area to go to a restaurant or whatever. I'm told I like to hang out with the snooty people and all the rich people.. which, Ok, excuse me if I don't want to sit around drinking PBR or Natty Ice.

Plenty of people out there.. I moved for a reason: get out of a sub 300,000 person trailer park. It took the economy to tank before the opportunities presented themselves.

It is funny to me that I've had the best opportunities when the economy is down because companies are trying to hire people and those with the skillset are too afraid to transistion. In the last two years I've taken a $25k pay raise. I didn't take the highest paying job either, in fact I took the lowest paying job.. mainly based on the location. Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinatti, Georgetown, Louisville all paid way better, but I didn't want to go to any of those places.
March 19, 2012 7:39:42 PM

like I said good attitude
for the past few years I have been running a small computer repair business but I am moving about 75mi away so losing customers
really want a 9-5 job again (never thought I would say that LOL)
need a steady paycheck and benefits
so hopefully will hear today or tommorrow whether I got an interview for a HP/OEM Printer onsite technician job
printer tech is low on the totem pole for IT jobs but I am happy for what I can get
I am studying for my A+ cert and hope to take it in the upcoming six months
so any foot in the door is good
one ladder rung at a time is okay
March 19, 2012 7:43:46 PM

A+ is eh... you already have enough experience by having your own business. A Network+ cert would probably do you better to start.. but it depends on what you want to do.

Do you want to do printer support? That's kind of a dying thing with a lot of stuff going electronic.

You could focus on doing HP/Dell/IBM hardware repair for servers. That'll be in demand for a while still. Take a simple cert test on that and then your door opens up to either those companies or other companies that support their contracts.
March 19, 2012 7:49:37 PM

that is good advice about cert for OEM server repair
I am okay with being a blade monkey LOL
I still want the A+ anyway
but I will reearch the certs for server repair
I just have a basic knowledge of rack servers so could really use the education
also have Manhattan close by so potential for work is good
March 19, 2012 7:57:07 PM

Blade work might not be so much since they're fairly easy to work with. Probably more along the lines of physical servers. Blades are pretty simple but some companies will outsource everything down to swapping blades between servers.

A lot of things are moving towards UCS and true LAN 'cloud' (buzz word!) environments.
March 19, 2012 7:58:36 PM

you know that my cousin's fiance is a hiring manager for Amazon and all she talks about is cloud
should get whatever cloud certs that are available
and try to use nepotism to my advantage :) 
March 20, 2012 12:35:31 AM

Everyone else does it.. heck, where I work we've hired 4-5 family members in that amount of time that lost their jobs. Unqualified to do the job, but they're cashing in the big money from their relatives.

Cloud hardware might be something to check into. Not WAN based, but LAN based equipment. Cisco UCS is popular and HP/IBM and others have their hand in it as well.

Consulting might be the way to go as well.. but desktops are phasing out in companies that are going to virtual environments like Citrix, VMWare, etc. In about 5-8 years most people probably won't have a workstation but a thin client again. Secure, stabile, and easier to manage.
March 20, 2012 12:29:20 PM

thanks for the info
good stuff
March 20, 2012 12:29:49 PM

Dont' listen to "Chicken Boy" ...

this psychic message brought to you via residual mind control exerted on reynod by wingy in 2009 ...
March 20, 2012 12:50:40 PM

Chicken Boy or whatever the name was, was not from Wingy, but from Phukface I think. OSU bet gone bad.. as usual.

Couldn't find a chicken suit for under a few hundred dollars. The place I wanted to go, the owner has a Frog suit. Could have gotten him to dress up too. Nothing beats a chicken and a frog sitting at a bar.
March 20, 2012 1:47:01 PM

I was at a strip club and eventually noticed there was a fully done up clown sitting there drinking in a dark corner.
And not one of the cute looking clowns either
TBH I really dont like clowns-want to shoot them in the nose
(Attack of the Killer Clowns @ 1988 movie)

and the clown wasnt being very clown like
just sitting there quietly drinking a tumbler of whisky on the rocks
I mean wouldnt you think a clown would have one of those fruity umbrella drinks?
March 20, 2012 1:56:26 PM

Wasn't the movie 'Killer Clowns from Outer Space'?
March 20, 2012 2:23:04 PM

You know I think you are right
also your avatar lends to your credibility LOL

BTW Oldmangamer_73- does 73 refer to your birthyear or age? if it is okay to ask?

March 20, 2012 2:25:27 PM

king smp said:
You know I think you are right
also your avatar lends to your credibility LOL

BTW Oldmangamer_73- does 73 refer to your birthyear or age? if it is okay to ask?

Yes, it does. Can't believe i'm pushing 40!! aahhhhh!
March 20, 2012 2:34:49 PM

AND YOU CALL YOURSELF OLDMAN!?!
I am going to be 42 this year
WTF does that make me?
Ancientgamer_70?
that will be my new forum name
I still can clearly remember playing my Atari Pong/Breakout console with the rotary dial to move the paddles back in 1977 (I was 7)

I remember my target shooting game with a pistol that could be converted to rifle with the removable stock-just a ball moving around the screen you shot

I remember my TRS-80 Color Computer 1 with 64k memory and audio cassette drive for loading games/data

I remember the first arcade video game I saw
a big sit down table with a screen laying flat with Atari Pong

I remember Head to Head football with the little green bars representing players

You have the nerve to call yourself Oldmangamer?!?

How dare you sir?!

I am 42 yrs young thank you

:)  just messing with you LOL
March 20, 2012 2:46:05 PM

king smp said:
AND YOU CALL YOURSELF OLDMAN!?!
I am going to be 42 this year
WTF does that make me?
Ancientgamer_70?
that will be my new forum name
I still can clearly remember playing my Atari Pong/Breakout console with the rotary dial to move the paddles back in 1977 (I was 7)

I remember my target shooting game with a pistol that could be converted to rifle with the removable stock-just a ball moving around the screen you shot

I remember my TRS-80 Color Computer 1 with 64k memory and audio cassette drive for loading games/data

I remember the first arcade video game I saw
a big sit down table with a screen laying flat with Atari Pong

I remember Head to Head football with the little green bars representing players

You have the nerve to call yourself Oldmangamer?!?

How dare you sir?!

I am 42 yrs young thank you

:)  just messing with you LOL

I'm old compared to the youngins' in the video games section here at Tom's. :) 

I have all the same memories of pong and Atari, and the target shooting game. My first computer game was Snack Attack (a Pacman rip off) and played on an Apple IIc and then eventually an Apple III.

Didn't graduate to IBM platform games until around 1990 when Wing Commander came out. Been on the PC ever since. :) 
March 20, 2012 3:19:36 PM

I still have fond memories of Zork and just DLd a freeware version
wow was that a trip down memory lane
also DLd Zaxxon 3D LOL
getting nostalgic lately
of course I do love my Metro 2033 and Witcher 2 :) 

BTW Witcher 2 might just be a new genre in video games in a way
if you are familiar with it
it is a blend of Action and RPG that really takes it to a new level
I was an old D&Der back in the day but hardcore RPGs just arent my thing anymore
I tried Fallout 3,Oblivion and Skyrim but just dont like those open world RPG
but witcher 2 gives you the character abilities with weapon/potion upgrades but
has a strong action feel
really great pacing to the game and there are naked chicks too :) 

sorry didnt mean to sound like a Witcher 2 salesperson LOL
just about to finish Metro 2033 if I can get past these darn librarians

At 42 I feel sort of mature but not old
I can still out run my ten year old daughter (though hamstring pull is always a possibility :)  )
I can still get out there with the neighborhood kids and throw the football around
(though a shoulder pull is always a possibility)

After recently dropping 30lbs I feel better than I have in awhile

March 20, 2012 3:56:52 PM

I was a fan of River Raid and I'm decade younger than you geezers.
March 20, 2012 4:06:40 PM

Ahhh yes, Zork and Eamon adventures. Played through House of Ill Repute dozens of times. LOL!

Don't forget The Bards Tale series.

check this list I found. brings back some memories.

http://www.inthe80s.com/compgame.shtml

March 20, 2012 10:52:45 PM

47 here ... <sigh>
March 20, 2012 11:23:52 PM

OMG I went on a quest for a free Archon download
I could not find it
I LOVED Archon on the Commodore 64
I had a TRS-80 at the time and my friend had a C64
I wanted a C64 so bad because of games like Archon (3D Battle Chess)
also because my buddy had a strip poker game where you played against a compuuter girl opponent who slowly stripped
when we were 13 that was some hot stuff
March 21, 2012 12:25:32 AM

working some more on my video editing skills

if you gives don't mind critiquing this one for me

was more worried about codecs and containers on this one
trying to get a decent quality but smaller video
went from a H264/MP4 720x480 260mb to a H264/mkv 80mb file using Handbrake
wanted to try AMD's Video Converter but it is either limited on what source formats it can use or my version is broke somehow
only can get mpg to import into Catalyst Video Converter
shame because I like GPGPU accelerated programs
I use Cyberlink Powerdirector because it uses ATI Stream acceleration which is great
Not alot of software so far for Stream
!