The feeling when gaming

b1318297

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
So hello everybody I have just joined forums and I have 1 question I would like to discuss about.

So first a short story:
I have been playing video games since I was very young, and I always loved them. I play them on PC, I dont have any gaming console, and I really love PC. Now back in days I have been playing Wolfenstein enemy territory (the multiplayer one). I was alone at home (which didnt and still dont happen often), the time was like 1 in the morning (that silence, peace, night, and all that), and I was playing Wolfenstein. Now when I think back I can remember exactly what map I was playing I can even remember where and how I was moving (and that was like 5 years ago or so). And when I think of all that (gaming, home alone, food, night, silence) I get some kind of feelings. Nice feelings that chills me out. I get really happy and emotional when I think of that momment.

Ok, I have also been playing a lot of Call of duty 2, and when I just think of playing it at night beeing alone at home, have some food and drink I again get those nice feelings, and I become really happy. Sometimes I dont even want to go to work, I just want to play games. I am not addicted, I can do without games...Its just...really nice feelings and memories when I think of those times and thigs..

Now I would like to hear your opinions on that, if you have a lot to tell, please do so because I would really like to hear it all.

TheGhxst

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012

I had a clan I used to game with daily back when I was in highschool(about 5 years ago now), and most of the best years of my highschool time were online with them. The late night experiances of making fun of each other, gaming and playing around. We entered a world tournament and got destroyed in the first round by their sniper, in a clan called Kevlar. I'll never forget everyones reactions. So I feel ya.

There are 3 or maybe 4 feelings here that work towards happyness:
1)Remindment of beeing younger (less responsabilities and stress).

2)Reminds of Archivments (each time you managed to do something hard for the first time, solo or multiplayer)

3)Reminds of having a group of friends who shared your passion (feeling of not beeing alone in the world)

4) This one is a bit more controversial : More brain activity releses endorphines at certain moments.

These are as far as i know they main reasons for gaming to give a nice feeling (kinda like drugs).
However, the more you play, the less this feeling appears, since it becomes mainstream, and not a "reward" of sorts after normal regular responsabilities .

Kinda crazy answer but its how i see it.

b1318297

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Cool, thanks for the answers :) I am not really sure why this feeling appears but its really cool when I think of those nice memories. I really wish I could play more games as I do right now. Also Id really like to see more comments / opinions on this :)

Thanks.

Spartacus394

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Me and my brother have a strong friendship/relationship thanks to video games. I'be always played on consoles and I remember the first time that we stayed up late together.

I was around 10 years old at the time and we tryed to pull an all nighter with Madden 03 on GameCube, (We never had much money for games so madden was the best it got at the time). I remember it clear as day, (or night in this case), we were just playing together. I was using some bad team. I don't remember which one, but I remember that they had the lowest stats, and my bro was using the mummy team. We just had a blast messing around in the game. We weren't even playing right, we just wanted to see who could score the most. We made it to 3am, that's when our mom woke up and sent us to bed. Didn't stop us from playing Pokemon with the volume down.

Another memory I have is with my best friend at the bowling alley. We were waiting for my mom to pick us up so we played some arcade games and the one game we sat at was the classic machine that was a double sided table with a screen with Galaga and PAC-man. we had a ton of fun together.

These are the reasons I love video games.

jaws32

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
i dont know bout that feeling.but i love pc games and i feel happy when playing games is when i play an epic story game like call of duty every series has good and dramatic story especially world at war. maybe for some people they will happy when play game with more adrenaline and challanges but that only happen for superior pc

tinyE

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
I am addicted to gaming, but I use to be addicted to tobacco and alcohol and I traded them it for games so I figure I'm better off. Plus I'm an innkeeper so I can get away with it; epecially this time of year. If I ever go back to having a real job I may be screwed...knock on wood.