LG VX6100 Message reminder beep

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I swear that my LG VX-6100 used to beep to remind me that a voice mail is
waiting. This feature quit recently. In the message menu the settings for
Voice Mail are set to Loud Beeps (not loud beeps once) and the 2-minute
reminder is set to On. I went to the Verizon store and after 2 hours of
arguing and waiting they replaced the phone but it still does not send out
any sort of reminder beep once a voice mail has been received. There is an
initial beep but nothing after that.

Frequently I am in a building with no service and when I go back into a
service area there is no notification other than the little message in the
display.

Is anyone else having an issue with this??

Thanks

Frank

In article <9eudnRZu95oQ4APfRVn-2Q@rcn.net>, "Frank" <fburrows(noSpam)
@mail.com> says...
> I swear that my LG VX-6100 used to beep to remind me that a voice mail is
> waiting. This feature quit recently. In the message menu the settings for
> Voice Mail are set to Loud Beeps (not loud beeps once) and the 2-minute
> reminder is set to On. I went to the Verizon store and after 2 hours of
> arguing and waiting they replaced the phone but it still does not send out
> any sort of reminder beep once a voice mail has been received. There is an
> initial beep but nothing after that.
>

> Frequently I am in a building with no service and when I go back into a
> service area there is no notification other than the little message in the
> display.
>

> Is anyone else having an issue with this??
>

> Thanks
>

> Frank

My 6000 does or rather doesn't do it either...only the single beep.

louise

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2003

In article <9eudnRZu95oQ4APfRVn-2Q@rcn.net>, "Frank" <fburrows(noSpam)
@mail.com> says...
> I swear that my LG VX-6100 used to beep to remind me that a voice mail is
> waiting. This feature quit recently. In the message menu the settings for
> Voice Mail are set to Loud Beeps (not loud beeps once) and the 2-minute
> reminder is set to On. I went to the Verizon store and after 2 hours of
> arguing and waiting they replaced the phone but it still does not send out
> any sort of reminder beep once a voice mail has been received. There is an
> initial beep but nothing after that.
>

> Frequently I am in a building with no service and when I go back into a
> service area there is no notification other than the little message in the
> display.
>

> Is anyone else having an issue with this??
>

> Thanks
>

> Frank

On my 4400, the only setting that actually reminded you again and again
was a choice referred to as "vibe and remind". With this setting, the
phone would vibrate every minute or two to remind you. Otherwise, there
was no reminder. Yours may have a similar software setting.

Louise

I believe that it continues to remind you if the sender (of this voicemail)
added an 'urgent' tag to the msg.

-X

"Louise" <none@nospam.com> wrote in message
> In article <9eudnRZu95oQ4APfRVn-2Q@rcn.net>, "Frank" <fburrows(noSpam)
> @mail.com> says...
>> I swear that my LG VX-6100 used to beep to remind me that a voice mail is
>> waiting. This feature quit recently. In the message menu the settings for
>> Voice Mail are set to Loud Beeps (not loud beeps once) and the 2-minute
>> reminder is set to On. I went to the Verizon store and after 2 hours of
>> arguing and waiting they replaced the phone but it still does not send
>> out
>> any sort of reminder beep once a voice mail has been received. There is
>> an
>> initial beep but nothing after that.
>>

>> Frequently I am in a building with no service and when I go back into a
>> service area there is no notification other than the little message in
>> the
>> display.
>>

>> Is anyone else having an issue with this??
>>

>> Thanks
>>

>> Frank
>>

> On my 4400, the only setting that actually reminded you again and again
> was a choice referred to as "vibe and remind". With this setting, the
> phone would vibrate every minute or two to remind you. Otherwise, there
> was no reminder. Yours may have a similar software setting.
>
> Louise

My 6100 beeps or vibrates every two minutes after a text message has been
received, but not viewed. I don't remember voicemail messages causing this
to happen. This is controlled by the "2-minute reminder" in the menu.