LG VX6100 Message reminder beep

I swear that my LG VX-6100 used to beep to remind me that a voice mail is
waiting. This feature quit recently. In the message menu the settings for
Voice Mail are set to Loud Beeps (not loud beeps once) and the 2-minute
reminder is set to On. I went to the Verizon store and after 2 hours of
arguing and waiting they replaced the phone but it still does not send out
any sort of reminder beep once a voice mail has been received. There is an
initial beep but nothing after that.

Frequently I am in a building with no service and when I go back into a
service area there is no notification other than the little message in the
display.

Is anyone else having an issue with this??

Thanks

Frank
4 answers Last reply
More about vx6100 message reminder beep

    In article <9eudnRZu95oQ4APfRVn-2Q@rcn.net>, "Frank" <fburrows(noSpam)
    @mail.com> says...
    > I swear that my LG VX-6100 used to beep to remind me that a voice mail is
    > waiting. This feature quit recently. In the message menu the settings for
    > Voice Mail are set to Loud Beeps (not loud beeps once) and the 2-minute
    > reminder is set to On. I went to the Verizon store and after 2 hours of
    > arguing and waiting they replaced the phone but it still does not send out
    > any sort of reminder beep once a voice mail has been received. There is an
    > initial beep but nothing after that.
    >

    > Frequently I am in a building with no service and when I go back into a
    > service area there is no notification other than the little message in the
    > display.
    >

    > Is anyone else having an issue with this??
    >

    > Thanks
    >

    > Frank

    My 6000 does or rather doesn't do it either...only the single beep.

    In article <9eudnRZu95oQ4APfRVn-2Q@rcn.net>, "Frank" <fburrows(noSpam)
    @mail.com> says...
    > I swear that my LG VX-6100 used to beep to remind me that a voice mail is
    > waiting. This feature quit recently. In the message menu the settings for
    > Voice Mail are set to Loud Beeps (not loud beeps once) and the 2-minute
    > reminder is set to On. I went to the Verizon store and after 2 hours of
    > arguing and waiting they replaced the phone but it still does not send out
    > any sort of reminder beep once a voice mail has been received. There is an
    > initial beep but nothing after that.
    >

    > Frequently I am in a building with no service and when I go back into a
    > service area there is no notification other than the little message in the
    > display.
    >

    > Is anyone else having an issue with this??
    >

    > Thanks
    >

    > Frank

    On my 4400, the only setting that actually reminded you again and again
    was a choice referred to as "vibe and remind". With this setting, the
    phone would vibrate every minute or two to remind you. Otherwise, there
    was no reminder. Yours may have a similar software setting.

    Louise

    I believe that it continues to remind you if the sender (of this voicemail)
    added an 'urgent' tag to the msg.

    -X

    "Louise" <none@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > In article <9eudnRZu95oQ4APfRVn-2Q@rcn.net>, "Frank" <fburrows(noSpam)
    > @mail.com> says...
    >> I swear that my LG VX-6100 used to beep to remind me that a voice mail is
    >> waiting. This feature quit recently. In the message menu the settings for
    >> Voice Mail are set to Loud Beeps (not loud beeps once) and the 2-minute
    >> reminder is set to On. I went to the Verizon store and after 2 hours of
    >> arguing and waiting they replaced the phone but it still does not send
    >> out
    >> any sort of reminder beep once a voice mail has been received. There is
    >> an
    >> initial beep but nothing after that.
    >>

    >> Frequently I am in a building with no service and when I go back into a
    >> service area there is no notification other than the little message in
    >> the
    >> display.
    >>

    >> Is anyone else having an issue with this??
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >>

    >> Frank
    >>

    > On my 4400, the only setting that actually reminded you again and again
    > was a choice referred to as "vibe and remind". With this setting, the
    > phone would vibrate every minute or two to remind you. Otherwise, there
    > was no reminder. Yours may have a similar software setting.
    >
    > Louise

    My 6100 beeps or vibrates every two minutes after a text message has been
    received, but not viewed. I don't remember voicemail messages causing this
    to happen. This is controlled by the "2-minute reminder" in the menu.

    "Drumstick" <ry_nospam_burk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > In article <9eudnRZu95oQ4APfRVn-2Q@rcn.net>, "Frank" <fburrows(noSpam)
    > @mail.com> says...
    > > I swear that my LG VX-6100 used to beep to remind me that a voice mail
    is
    > > waiting. This feature quit recently. In the message menu the settings
    for
    > > Voice Mail are set to Loud Beeps (not loud beeps once) and the 2-minute
    > > reminder is set to On. I went to the Verizon store and after 2 hours of
    > > arguing and waiting they replaced the phone but it still does not send
    out
    > > any sort of reminder beep once a voice mail has been received. There is
    an
    > > initial beep but nothing after that.
    > >

    > > Frequently I am in a building with no service and when I go back into a
    > > service area there is no notification other than the little message in
    the
    > > display.
    > >

    > > Is anyone else having an issue with this??
    > >

    > > Thanks
    > >

    > > Frank
    > >

    > My 6000 does or rather doesn't do it either...only the single beep.

Verizon LG Voice Mail Internet Service Providers