ECGC 2011: NC Is A Developer Hog Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

awood28211

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
I couldn't read this whole article. Meh. As a previous resident of the RTP area and employed there for some time... Talent excluded, the area IS a hog pen. You're in a city or in the country, neither of which is attractive to be in on a personal level. It's a place where surrounding places actually exist on single roads. Take Morrisville for instance, just outside Cary and south east of Durham. The welcome to and now leaving signs are at each end of the road that the country club is on... which by the way is a pretty short road anyway.

While working there... yeah, i could was Torvalds zoom in driving his fancy-shmancy car from my office window.. So what, I wasn't impressed... then or now. Fortune 50 company payroll was nice but the area is puke.

Good advice.. DON'T MOVE THERE.

xenorage

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
How is a state known for the Andy Griffith Show, Dawson's Creek, tobacco and corn fields, and vinegar-based BBQ the ideal place to make AAA titles?
Umm couldn't mention Michael Jordon, UNC, DUKE, IBM, Nortel Networks, RedHat, NASCAR, Bank of America, First Citizens, Wachovia, Goodrich... Ect.

Dang last I checked NC is the TOP IT and Silicone technology state on the east coast. I am sorry for your ignorance but from someone who has been in IT/R&D and technology for the last 20 years working for 3 fortune 500 companies in the state of NC, I find you a bit stereotypical.

As far as what you or awood28211 think of the area well that is personal preference, so it depends on the beholder. I prefer the country side to the congested cities but not everyone does.

ghaleon1980

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
@awood28211: Are you joking? Raleigh NC is a fantastic place to live. It is frequently a destination of relocation by many people from the midwest and northeast. The city is beautiful, the economy is robust, it's population (Raleigh, Cary and Durham) is a healthy 1.8 million people and its 2 hours from the beach/2 hours from the mountains. What the heck are you talking about? Eh, to each his own I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.