Sign in with
Your question
Closed

NOT SOLVED!]DiRT 3 Not starting, at all. Tried everything, PLEASE help

Last response: in Video Games
January 16, 2013 12:11:28 PM

Hey guys. Basically, I have played some Dirt 3 for around two weeks now. Havnt changed a thing, but for some reason, dirt 3 is just not launching anymore. At all.
I press it, it does the loading icon on the mouse, and nothing.
Running as admin.
Running as windows XP, vista, 7, 95, basically everything.
Installed on 3 different drives
Reinstalled on 3 different drives.
Reinstalled .NET 4
Reinstalled C++.
Tried searching online but nothing helps.

More about : solved dirt starting

January 16, 2013 11:06:43 PM

Bump. Why no one answer -__-
January 16, 2013 11:24:00 PM

LEGAL version ?
Related resources
January 16, 2013 11:41:13 PM

Usually you start Dirt3 through Stream -- in case it is a legal copy of the software contact Stream Support Team who can advise you better.
January 17, 2013 12:13:48 AM

Yeah, it's a DVD version, the one that comes in an actual package, not as a digital download, and it's not linked to Steam
January 17, 2013 3:22:37 AM

Well why on earth is no one answering.....
January 17, 2013 11:06:15 AM

If someone here actually had a valid answer, I'm sure they would give it to you. This place is very generous with help.

Dirt3 has been riddled with problems. It's a fantastically fun game, but I have pulled my hair out getting it to run correctly on my system....everything from stuttering issues to corrupted profiles (thanks to GFWL) causing me to lose almost 100 races. Because your savegame is linked to GFWL, you can't back it up or replace it. Corrupted save? Start ALL OVER. Horrible system to implement on a game like this.

GRID lets you backup and restore your profile the proper way....locally. This has saved me more than once. Thank you Codemasters.

I have the STEAM version, FWIW.

I assume (since you have the DVD version) that you have updated it with the official patches? Perhaps you should try launching it before installing any patches.
January 17, 2013 11:49:59 AM

Stringjam said:
If someone here actually had a valid answer, I'm sure they would give it to you. This place is very generous with help.

Dirt3 has been riddled with problems. It's a fantastically fun game, but I have pulled my hair out getting it to run correctly on my system....everything from stuttering issues to corrupted profiles (thanks to GFWL) causing me to lose almost 100 races. Because your savegame is linked to GFWL, you can't back it up or replace it. Corrupted save? Start ALL OVER. Horrible system to implement on a game like this.

GRID lets you backup and restore your profile the proper way....locally. This has saved me more than once. Thank you Codemasters.

I assume (since you have the DVD version) that you have updated it with the official patches? Perhaps you should try launching it before installing any patches.

I can't physically launch it.
I press the icon and NOTHING happens. At all.
January 17, 2013 11:58:35 AM

Download and install the latest version of Games For Windows Live. If you already have it installed uninstall and re-install then try the game.

If that doesn't work try this youtube video
January 17, 2013 12:15:45 PM

Stringjam said:

GRID lets you backup and restore your profile the proper way....locally. This has saved me more than once. .

I haven´t got any problem running the game, or save them.

What do you mean by "Thank you Codemasters"? Isn´t Dirt3 from Codemasters too?
January 17, 2013 12:20:53 PM

dirt 3 is actually a windows live game. even when it comes on a retail dvd... you need to have games for windows live on your pc to play and activate it.
January 17, 2013 12:40:58 PM

davedurg09 said:
Download and install the latest version of Games For Windows Live. If you already have it installed uninstall and re-install then try the game.

If that doesn't work try this youtube video

Doesnt work for me. :|
January 17, 2013 12:47:27 PM

Have you got Games for Windows Live on your PC as HEXiT pointed out?
January 17, 2013 12:48:11 PM

jemm said:
Have you got Games for Windows Live on your PC as HEXiT pointed out?

Yes, and as it is written above, I have played it for a while and then it just stopped.
January 17, 2013 6:08:29 PM

I would really like so insights, I just wanna play one of my fav. games :|
January 17, 2013 6:16:35 PM

done a virus scan?
if you have a pirated version, and i have brought gta4 that looked original but wasnt, played for a while ran a virus scan and it deleted budda.dll or similar, and had drunk cam after, weeks of trouble shooting and it turned out i had brought a dodge copy, so had to buy again,
does it look 100%? mine had had the label burned on with lightscribe or something, it wasnt printed i know that
January 17, 2013 6:36:09 PM

popeyejohnson said:
done a virus scan?
if you have a pirated version, and i have brought gta4 that looked original but wasnt, played for a while ran a virus scan and it deleted budda.dll or similar, and had drunk cam after, weeks of trouble shooting and it turned out i had brought a dodge copy, so had to buy again,
does it look 100%? mine had had the label burned on with lightscribe or something, it wasnt printed i know that

Yes, Ive done a virus scan. It didnt delete anything related to dirt 3.
Bought it from amazon, so 110% legit.
Dont know what to do now. I dont get any error of somethibg missing, it just basically ignores me. It does a sign of loading a disc, then a normal loading, then it STAHPS AND DOES NOTHING :( :( :( 
January 17, 2013 6:43:19 PM

How about your firewall? Are you sure it isn´t prevent it from start?
January 18, 2013 6:25:08 AM

jemm said:
How about your firewall? Are you sure it isn´t prevent it from start?

All the times I tried to start it, they (Antivirus and FW) were off.

Best solution

January 18, 2013 7:33:57 AM

taltool24198 said:
Yes, Ive done a virus scan. It didnt delete anything related to dirt 3.
Bought it from amazon, so 110% legit.
Dont know what to do now. I dont get any error of somethibg missing, it just basically ignores me. It does a sign of loading a disc, then a normal loading, then it STAHPS AND DOES NOTHING :( :( :( 

you found infections when you did a scan and the game no longer works. that means it did find something that was used by dirt 3. it may not be part of the main install but it may well be a part of windows that dirt 3 depends on. you need to repair windows and check your updates are correct.
run sfc/scannow with admin privs via the CMD prompt.

January 18, 2013 7:43:24 AM

HEXiT said:
you found infections when you did a scan and the game no longer works. that means it did find something that was used by dirt 3. it may not be part of the main install but it may well be a part of windows that dirt 3 depends on. you need to repair windows and check your updates are correct.

Doing a sfc/scannow run right now, will report ones its done.
January 18, 2013 7:43:39 AM

How do I repair windows? Inserting the CD and booting from it only gives me an option to install.
January 18, 2013 7:59:29 AM

HEXiT said:

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
Details are included in the CBS.Log ...."
The list is SUPER long... I can't paste it here, it will just kill the forum and make like 18 pages.
January 18, 2013 8:11:40 AM

Best answer selected by taltool24198.
January 18, 2013 8:22:21 AM

taltool24198 said:
"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
Details are included in the CBS.Log ...."
The list is SUPER long... I can't paste it here, it will just kill the forum and make like 18 pages.

Hi :) 

If the list is that long its TOTAL REINSTALL of Windows time... :(  (and I mean FORMAT and reload)

All the best Brett :) 
January 18, 2013 8:23:43 AM

God.
Why did I select best answer..
It's still not launching. It fixed everything, and gave me an error that the DVD is not inside the PC, and I figured its solved but its not -__-
January 18, 2013 8:29:05 AM

Brett928S2 said:

If the list is that long its TOTAL REINSTALL of Windows time... :(  (and I mean FORMAT and reload)

:( 
Is that really nessecery? The CMD thing worked, and it repaired everything it found..
January 18, 2013 8:57:18 AM

taltool24198 said:
:( 
Is that really nessecery? The CMD thing worked, and it repaired everything it found..

Run it again and see....

January 18, 2013 9:06:11 AM

you may need to repair your microsoft updates as well. dont worry about the best answer, just pm a mod and ask em to remove it.
you will also want to scan with a better antivirus like avira/malwarebytes or some such.
1s done if it finds more infections then run the sfc/scannow again as well as a reg cleaner like ccleaner.
January 18, 2013 9:31:08 AM

HEXiT said:
you may need to repair your microsoft updates as well. dont worry about the best answer, just pm a mod and ask em to remove it.
you will also want to scan with a better antivirus like avira/malwarebytes or some such.
1s done if it finds more infections then run the sfc/scannow again as well as a reg cleaner like ccleaner.

Using BitDefender right now, which is suposedly the best AV on the market.
And I already used CCleaner. Who is a mod, that I can contact?
January 18, 2013 1:56:53 PM

Well I'm planning to do a clean, fresh install of windows, just to get rid of anything bad on my PC.
January 19, 2013 1:02:44 AM

probably the quickest way to solve it, but you should always consider a fresh install a last resort... better to find out why a game isnt starting and fix it because then you learn something.
check the event logs and see where the errors are then start googling. i guarentee it will take less time than you think to find the issues and fix em.
January 19, 2013 6:24:15 AM

HEXiT said:
probably the quickest way to solve it, but you should always consider a fresh install a last resort... better to find out why a game isnt starting and fix it because then you learn something.
check the event logs and see where the errors are then start googling. i guarentee it will take less time than you think to find the issues and fix em.

As I said, there's no error.
I just press it and it does the cursor circle thingy that indicates it's loading, and then it just.. Forgets about it. Does nothing
January 20, 2013 7:58:34 PM

HEXiT said:

!