Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte ga-7N400 Pro 2 voltage settings?

Last response: in Overclocking
January 18, 2004 4:32:33 AM

The problem I am having is that my AMD 2500+'s core voltage is registering 1.70-1.74 on standard settings 11x166. Shouldn't the voltage be down around 1.65 for this processor? I am using the latest BIOS upgrade (F5) available from gigabyte.

On the review of the 7N400 pro it was stated that there are voltage settings in the BIOS adjustable in 0.25 increments. I can't find them on the Pro 2. Even after using gigabytes CTRL-F1 trick (why not just put these settings right up front!!??) If the settings on voltage are not available on this board, why did they change from the 7N400 Pro.

Any thoughts? I have searched all all nforce and gigabyte forums and have seen a lot of posts on temp but none on voltage. I know there is a setting to increase the voltage by 5%, 7.5%, and 10%. Not very helpful if the voltage is too high to begin with.
January 20, 2004 10:07:08 AM

first place to check is your motherboards's manual - read it over properly, make sure you're not missing where in the BIOS you can adust those properties

<b>and now for something comepletely different</b>

...<i><b><A HREF="http://bytethiscomputers.sytes.net/site/specs.html" target="_new">system specs</A></b></i>
January 27, 2004 10:43:59 PM

i have the same mobo, and the same problem. what i figure is, either something is wrong in the display of the normal voltage, or, the normal voltage is already +5%. because, if i set it to +5%, it still reads the same vcore of 1.72-1.74v (105% of 1.65v=1.7325v). at +7.5%, it reads vcore of 1.77v-1.79v, and +10% reads 1.80v-1.82v. however, i dont think it is the case of the normal voltage being +5% because i can get a higher stable FSB at +5% than i can at normal, so there must be a difference. possible it just reads wrong?!?
!