Gateway 200ARCl RAM upgrade options

Hi all,

I purchased a 200ARC notebook a couple of weeks ago (PM 1.4, 512MB RAM) and
am starting to think about my options re: upgrading the RAM. It's got 200PIN
PC2100 266Mhz RAM installed. Will PC2700 RAM, or higher, run in this
machine? I ask because of availability and price...! Anyone with any
experience or thoughts on this?

Many thanks,

MP

smith

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2003

Go to the Gateway site, Tech Support, type in your serial number and look at
your system specs, it'll list what type of RAM it will take.

Smith

"Darwin" <maNOspAM2@cam.ac.uk> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I purchased a 200ARC notebook a couple of weeks ago (PM 1.4, 512MB RAM)
and
> am starting to think about my options re: upgrading the RAM. It's got
200PIN
> PC2100 266Mhz RAM installed. Will PC2700 RAM, or higher, run in this
> machine? I ask because of availability and price...! Anyone with any
> experience or thoughts on this?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> MP

smith

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2003

And BTW, 99% of the time notebook memory is never cheap, unfortunatly.

"Darwin" <maNOspAM2@cam.ac.uk> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I purchased a 200ARC notebook a couple of weeks ago (PM 1.4, 512MB RAM)
and
> am starting to think about my options re: upgrading the RAM. It's got
200PIN
> PC2100 266Mhz RAM installed. Will PC2700 RAM, or higher, run in this
> machine? I ask because of availability and price...! Anyone with any
> experience or thoughts on this?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> MP

I also have a 200X (ARC) that I bought a few months ago. Mine came with
256Mb of RAM and I refused to pay Gateway's exorbitant price for a memory
upgrade.

I got a single 512Mb module from Crucial, part #CT6464X265.16F, described as
512MB 200-PIN SODIMM 64MX64 DDR PC2100.

Sorry, I don't remember what I paid for it, but I remember it was
considerably less than what Gateway was asking.

Head over to www.crucial.com and search on either the part number or use
their memorizer or whatever they call it to search for your 200X.

Hope this helps.

Turner

"Darwin" <maNOspAM2@cam.ac.uk> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I purchased a 200ARC notebook a couple of weeks ago (PM 1.4, 512MB RAM)
and
> am starting to think about my options re: upgrading the RAM. It's got
200PIN
> PC2100 266Mhz RAM installed. Will PC2700 RAM, or higher, run in this
> machine? I ask because of availability and price...! Anyone with any
> experience or thoughts on this?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> MP

Hi all,

Many thanks for your responses. I think I'll bite the bullet and pay for the
PC2100 RAM.

Thank you again,

Mike