ChaoticLusts

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2003
Hey
I've heard people mention the maximum weight a Motherboard can support for a cooler and it being dangerous to go over but when posted i saw someone say that for a P4 it's only 475 grams now i'll be buying a p4 3.0 soon and i want to buy a SP-94 or an SLK947U (same price-which is better?) include with that a 92mm fan and that's a lot more than 475 grams (it's more without the fan even)....how dangerous is that to the motherboard, cause i don't want the damn thing to snap off or something

Also i was wondering if someone could advise me on which is a good fan to buy at 92mm i have no idea if you could give me a few choices that would be great cause the australian sites are limited in their selection for cooling equipment (took me ages to find one that had thermalright stuff)

Be gentle i'm Newb ^_^

Thanx

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Noel Adams 1952-2002

ChaoticLusts

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2003
Thanx a lot Wusy taht answers that one ^_^

can anyone help me out on the fan's side of things?

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

ChaoticLusts

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2003
cheers

if the vantec is the coolest i think i'll go with that...i'm not terribly worried bout a bit of noise it can't be louder than the noise my current fan makes when it goes mental every so often ^_^ and it can't be louder than the air con above my computer so that should drown it anyhow :)

ytoledano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2003
For P4, because the cooler is mounted onto the mobo even the mossive near kg cooler works fine!
I must disagree.
The SP-94 comes with an X-Plate which is mounted under the mobo and is a lot stronger than Intel's system with the black plastic rectangle. Moreover, AMD also has it's version of the SP-94, called SP-97 and they weigh similarly. The SP-94 also comes with the X-Plate.

Got a nice overclocked overvolted system to keep you warm at night? That's great. Guess I'll have to settle for a woman...

Johanthegnarler

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2003
Heh.. i said that at first. My volcano 7 fan is chilling on my thermalright slk900 and i want to break it.

<A HREF="http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=610166081" target="_new">http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=610166081</A>
Figured i'd do it too..reality my ass.

ChaoticLusts

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2003
Crap!!!!

the only place i can find that sells the vantec 92mm tornado's in australia is a distributor not a retail site!!! there are no other online shops that deal in them! Are there any other good 92mm fans for pure cooling potential?

There are 80mm tornado's and 92mm vantec "quiet" fans but somehow i don't see those being very good. Damn i hate having restricted choice cause i'm in a crappy country!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by chaoticlusts on 02/14/04 07:56 AM.</EM></FONT></P>