Norton AV and Gateway

I had to format and reinstall everything on a friend's Gateway 500S. He said
Norton AntiVirus came with his computer, and, he has receipts showing he has
paid for renewals. However, we can't find Norton installation files with his
Gateway stuff. He has a slow dial-up connection so we prefer not to download
the installation files if we can avoid doing so. Where are the installation
files?
6 answers Last reply
More about norton gateway

    On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 15:27:29 GMT, "William J. Lunsford"
    <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:

    > Where are the installation files?

    Mine installs automatically from the Applications & Drivers disk when
    doing a restoration. However, it can be approached manually by going
    (on that Applications & Drivers disk) to the Apps/Norton directory and
    running setup.exe.

    Regards,
    TR

    Thanks for the information.
    During the installation I used his red Gateway Drivers CD and his two white
    Gateway Applications CDs as instructed on the Gateway Web site, but Norton
    AV was not installed. I searched the Gateway Web site for information
    related to the reinstallation of Norton AV, but I found nothing. If I recall
    correctly, the Drivers CD was Version 19.5.

    "TR" <_@_> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 15:27:29 GMT, "William J. Lunsford"
    > <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Where are the installation files?
    >
    > Mine installs automatically from the Applications & Drivers disk when
    > doing a restoration. However, it can be approached manually by going
    > (on that Applications & Drivers disk) to the Apps/Norton directory and
    > running setup.exe.
    >
    > Regards,
    > TR

    If you have two Gateway Apps CD's, it should be on "Disk 1 of 2", in the
    Apps\Norton folder.

    What are the version numbers of those Apps CD's?

    "William J. Lunsford" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:

    >Thanks for the information.
    >During the installation I used his red Gateway Drivers CD and his two white
    >Gateway Applications CDs as instructed on the Gateway Web site, but Norton
    >AV was not installed. I searched the Gateway Web site for information
    >related to the reinstallation of Norton AV, but I found nothing. If I recall
    >correctly, the Drivers CD was Version 19.5.
    >
    >"TR" <_@_> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 15:27:29 GMT, "William J. Lunsford"
    >> <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Where are the installation files?
    >>
    >> Mine installs automatically from the Applications & Drivers disk when
    >> doing a restoration. However, it can be approached manually by going
    >> (on that Applications & Drivers disk) to the Apps/Norton directory and
    >> running setup.exe.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> TR

    Thanks for the information. I'll check it out the next time I'm at his
    place. I don't recall the version number on the Apps CDs, but I believe the
    Drivers CD was Version 19.5. Your help is appreciated.

    "Jeff S" <jeffs209@NOSPAM.sio.midco.net> wrote in message
    > If you have two Gateway Apps CD's, it should be on "Disk 1 of 2", in the
    > Apps\Norton folder.
    >
    > What are the version numbers of those Apps CD's?

    >place. I don't recall the version number on the Apps CDs, but I believe the
    >Drivers CD was Version 19.5. Your help is appreciated.

    I thought the Apps & Drivers were all on one disk while the OS was on
    the other disk (2 disks in all). My disk is labeled: "Applications &
    Drivers". The version depends on the series. Mine is a 450 series
    which means it is for the 450 laptop and is version 1.8 However,
    most of the Apps on it would be considered generic to any computer
    type and can be installed on any system. Its mainly the drivers part
    of the disk that makes it specifically a 450 series disk.

    I think the only difference you are going to find between one
    "Applications & Drivers" disk and another when it comes to NAV will be
    the version of NAV that is on it. I think all "Applications &
    Drivers" disks started in the time of NAV 2003 with latter ones
    containing NAV 2004. My one year old "Applications & Drivers" disk
    contains NAV 2003.

    Regards,
    TR
  6. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

    TR <_@_> wrote:

    >>place. I don't recall the version number on the Apps CDs, but I believe the
    >>Drivers CD was Version 19.5. Your help is appreciated.
    >
    >I thought the Apps & Drivers were all on one disk while the OS was on
    >the other disk (2 disks in all). My disk is labeled: "Applications &
    >Drivers".

    That's not the case with all systems, or all versions of CD's.

    Some systems, like his (and mine), have 4 system CD's. One OS, one Drivers, and
    two Apps CD's.

    The two Apps CD's were combined into one CD later.

    And laptop systems do have the one "Apps and Drivers" CD now, I think.

Gateway Norton Dial Up Connection Computers