Tiny Firewall

Hi,
Any advice please, what is the Tiny Firewall like, good, bad or are there
alot better ones out there
Thanks for any help
Bob H

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 11:34:05 GMT, Bob H spoketh

>Hi,
>Any advice please, what is the Tiny Firewall like, good, bad or are there
>alot better ones out there
>Thanks for any help
>Bob H

Tiny Firewall is a good and tiny (sic) firewall.

Although all firewalls are not created equal, there are no "best"
firewall. The firewall that is best for you are the one that you have
spent time familiarizing yourself with.

Lars M. Hansen
www.hansenonline.net

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 06:49:48 -0400, Lars M. Hansen spoketh

>Interesting ... attempting to download your firewall gives me a 404 page
>not found error...

Let me expand on that.

The product is unavailable on any of the "international" or "US"
servers, leaving only the "German" server available.

So, there's a few issues.

1) The product is in German, which leaves most people unable to use the
program, as they can't even read the installation instructions, much
less the EULA or understand that terms used in configuring the software.

2) Your product _requires_ user registration, even with a product that
is "free" for non-commercial use. Most people are not willing to give
you all the information required, which includes full name and address.

3) The only countries selectable are Germany, Switzerland and Austria...

4) Once the product is installed, you cannot quit the registration
process in #2 without killing a large number of processes, and repeated
attempts at killing the registration task.

Obviously, you have some ways to go ...

Lars M. Hansen
http://www.hansenonline.net

"Lars M. Hansen" <badnews@hansenonline.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 11:34:05 GMT, Bob H spoketh
>
> >Hi,
> >Any advice please, what is the Tiny Firewall like, good, bad or are there
> >alot better ones out there
> >Thanks for any help
> >Bob H
> >

> Tiny Firewall is a good and tiny (sic) firewall.
>
> Although all firewalls are not created equal, there are no "best"
> firewall. The firewall that is best for you are the one that you have
> spent time familiarizing yourself with.
>
> Lars M. Hansen
> www.hansenonline.net
> Remove "bad" from my e-mail address to contact me.
> "If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?"

Thanks guys for the help much appreciated
Bob