Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Is there any xBox good emulator?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 17, 2013 11:52:40 AM

I had an xBox long ago,but the console broke n i became w/ a bunch of exclusive xBox games here.
I love them all n since they're original copies,i tried to find a good xBox emulator to run my games.
The problem is that according to Wikipedia,since 2010 no one took an xBox emulator project to date.... Why is that?! Can someone explain that!?

Thanks...

More about : xbox good emulator

January 17, 2013 12:37:07 PM

Probably down to the fact that he XBOX was fairly powerful but not x86.
January 17, 2013 12:54:04 PM

mi1ez said:
Probably down to the fact that he XBOX was fairly powerful but not x86.


Maybe,dunno...
The fact is that every console n arcade system to date have a functional emulator.
Even a ps3 emulator is on beta phase,just run homebrew games yet.
Not a big deal though... I know windows platform have a lot of great games... my problem is that kind of sh#t that happens when a game is lauched 4 PC,then is sequel/prequel or midquel turns to be a console exclusive only.... That happened w/ Fable 2,n i loved Fable 1 n 3! -_-'
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 17, 2013 1:19:38 PM

There is one xbox emu that runs only halo at about 15 fps. A large amount of xbox games will be on the ps2 which has a very established emulator.

Obviously not fable but in all honesty fable 2 was the worst and was for xbox 360 anyway.
January 17, 2013 1:36:22 PM

darth pravus said:
There is one xbox emu that runs only halo at about 15 fps. A large amount of xbox games will be on the ps2 which has a very established emulator.

Obviously not fable but in all honesty fable 2 was the worst and was for xbox 360 anyway.


Yes,in that point you are totally right,most of the xBox games are indeed on ps2 n Gamecube...
In this case we have pcsx2 emulator for ps2 n Dolphin emulator for Gameube.
I'm more familiar w/ pcsx2 than dolphin... Dolphin is a bit hard to configure in my opinion! Such as Dreamcast n Sega Saturn emulators! :D 
January 17, 2013 1:43:43 PM

Dolphin is ok but PCSx2 is the bomb. Best emu out there that runs almost every game available.
January 17, 2013 2:10:16 PM

darth pravus said:
Dolphin is ok but PCSx2 is the bomb. Best emu out there that runs almost every game available.


Yes indeed,but the playability of some games depends mostly of the PC specs of each person...
I'll give you an example,i have a Core 2 Quad Q6600 2,40GHz (stock speed) w/ Ati Radeon HD 5450 1GB ddr3 n 4GBs ddr3 of ram,n the ps2 ports of Metal Gear Solid,Killzone n Call of Duty 3 n Silent Hill Shattered Memories don't have average frames per second,even w/ all the speedhacks on. :cry: 
January 18, 2013 5:58:52 AM

Emu's do require beastly machine. Give that core 2 quad an oc.
January 18, 2013 6:18:25 AM

I'm eternally grateful for emu's. My dusty PS2 is laying in my "collection" shelf, no longer alive, but I still have acess to my games thanks to PCSX2. If there is any word of an XBOX emu, I have not heard of it.
May 1, 2013 5:33:02 PM

so was halo, i played 1 and 2 (which had a real cliffhanger ending) and 3 and 4 were not for pc...that really sucks!!
May 24, 2013 11:56:41 PM

darth pravus said:
There is one xbox emu that runs only halo at about 15 fps. A large amount of xbox games will be on the ps2 which has a very established emulator.

Obviously not fable but in all honesty fable 2 was the worst and was for xbox 360 anyway.


I have only played Fable 2, but I liked it. Not amazing, but a good time killer if nothing else.
July 25, 2013 12:25:51 PM

Sorry but Xbox is X86. It got a 733mhz celeron processor. look it up.
July 29, 2013 3:02:04 AM

nex01 said:
Sorry but Xbox is X86. It got a 733mhz celeron processor. look it up.


You're right, my bad.
July 29, 2013 5:45:33 AM

There was an attempt at an Xbox emulator very early in development; MSFT went a little ballistic though. While emulation has been protected by numerous court rulings over the years, the developers decided that wasn't a fight worth fighting.
August 4, 2013 8:07:43 AM

gamerk316 said:
There was an attempt at an Xbox emulator very early in development; MSFT went a little ballistic though. While emulation has been protected by numerous court rulings over the years, the developers decided that wasn't a fight worth fighting.


And what was that emulator called? Ive never heard of microsoft going mad over anyone making an emulator, if they would WINE and DOSBox would have been nuked on day one lol

So far theres only been 3 emulators for the xbox, one is cxbx, the other is dxbx which is basically cxbx but rewritten in a different programming language and nothing more, and ofcourse xeon, which works like cxbx but only plays Halo : Combat Evolved, and just the first level of it at that, and incredibly glitchy too. The sad thing about them is they arent actually emulators, just dumb patchers that try to route all calls to the xbox's hardware to that of windows, that really isnt emultion, but people got hopeful from it and rallied behind it since caustik (guy behind cxbx) came up with the idea as an experiment.

Xeon came and went as fast as it went, caustik and the guy behind xeon (_SF_) fought because he thought xeon stole cxbx code, everyone booed him even though he didnt. He never came back since he made it sometime in 2001-2002

Caustik got bored of cxbx (it was just a weird idea he came up with after all) and the project died in 2005 officially after he left it, some people though worked on it but the three other guys that made random updates to it vanished too, since then its been maintained by a guy called blueshogun, andddddd... well its been his pet that he just blogs about and nothing else happens much to it

Dxbx officially died off when they had nothing left to work with since cxbx didnt update and dxbx was just a way for its developers to play with the delphi programming language

For an emulator to actually emulate (like every single emulator that exists like pcsx2, pSX, stella, nulldc, snes9x etc..) they need to recreate the entirety of the hardware so that technically theres a virtual console and the game loads into it as normally as you would on the real thing, all xbox emulators never did that, so they failed and died, however.... recently a guy called espes did a breakthrough and used Qemu to create something that might just be the only hope left for an xbox emulator, but no news aside from its github page exists, it was/is called "xqemu"

the only thing capable of emulating xbox games and actually playing them, is non other than the xbox 360, microsoft created an emulator within it that works with specific games, its your best bet so far, however it only works with select games, and sadly it doesnt even work with half of the xbox's exclusive titles, the only other hope you have is seeing if your game was also made for the ps2 (then use pcsx2 to play it) or to the gamecube (use dolphin for that) or lastly, if it was made for the pc
November 26, 2013 8:09:08 AM

I've been trying PCSX2 lately, and it's awesome... I love it. I'm running a i5 3570k, dual-7770s, and 32GB ram... I max it out at 1920X1080 with AA on and it makes the games looking amazing, and still an easy 60FPS. I would love to have a good Xbox emulator too.
November 26, 2013 9:57:41 AM

icemunk said:
I've been trying PCSX2 lately, and it's awesome... I love it. I'm running a i5 3570k, dual-7770s, and 32GB ram... I max it out at 1920X1080 with AA on and it makes the games looking amazing, and still an easy 60FPS. I would love to have a good Xbox emulator too.


I've read recently that the next gen consoles (ps4/xBox One) will not be backwards compatible,and that's a bummer.
Probably they will fix that with a streaming service,but you''ll need to pay a fee,though.
With a PC you can play the old and current games,some exclusive games from consoles w/ emulators,and you can keep some components when you need to upgrade it,that way,saving some money in the process.
People are working in a ps3 emulator.

Now,would be swell to have an xBox (the 1st) as well.


November 26, 2013 11:05:14 AM

WolfXll said:
I had an xBox long ago,but the console broke n i became w/ a bunch of exclusive xBox games here.
I love them all n since they're original copies,i tried to find a good xBox emulator to run my games.
The problem is that according to Wikipedia,since 2010 no one took an xBox emulator project to date.... Why is that?! Can someone explain that!?

Thanks...


I'm not sure if you mean the original Xbox or 360, but about 70% of games available on 360 are available on PC, making an emulator relatively useless.

Also, most emulators originally focused on the idea of games that were supposedly "out of copyright" like ROM-based games. This was actually taking advantage of a law that generically states that a device that no longer has a marketable use doesn't have an enforceable copyright, and so it actually did NOT apply, but who's going to bother suing over a Nintendo ROM game that you can get for $0.50?

As of late, Sony has sued people making PS emulators as have other companies because these games were still "sold at retail".
November 26, 2013 12:08:34 PM

WolfXll said:
icemunk said:
I've been trying PCSX2 lately, and it's awesome... I love it. I'm running a i5 3570k, dual-7770s, and 32GB ram... I max it out at 1920X1080 with AA on and it makes the games looking amazing, and still an easy 60FPS. I would love to have a good Xbox emulator too.


I've read recently that the next gen consoles (ps4/xBox One) will not be backwards compatible,and that's a bummer.
Probably they will fix that with a streaming service,but you''ll need to pay a fee,though.
With a PC you can play the old and current games,some exclusive games from consoles w/ emulators,and you can keep some components when you need to upgrade it,that way,saving some money in the process.
People are working in a ps3 emulator:

http://playstation3emulator.net/

Now,would be swell to have an xBox (the 1st) as well.




That site is a scam, edit out that link or they might ban you for linking to malware. For emulation the general rule is that you must have a system atleast 40 times more powerful than the system youre emulating, and considering the ps3's processing power is on par with the fastest computers of today and even more, then we wont see one of those until say....15GHz computers are the norm, even then, we'd need someone knowledgeable enough in the ps3's architecture to do so.

Dont believe me? how much is the processing power of a ps1? about 34MHz, yet it required 300MHz+ to be anything close to useable yet alone playable, same goes for the ps2, 300MHz it was yet it requires some of the beefiest CPUs in existence to be close to perfection, now imagine what a 3.2GHz 8 core machine like the ps3 would require?

There is only one emulator for the ps3, and it can barely do anything, its in early stages so dont expect much, its called rpcs3 and its made by the great folks that brought us the first working psp emulator, JPCSP.
November 26, 2013 12:18:30 PM

Christopher Shaffer said:
WolfXll said:
I had an xBox long ago,but the console broke n i became w/ a bunch of exclusive xBox games here.
I love them all n since they're original copies,i tried to find a good xBox emulator to run my games.
The problem is that according to Wikipedia,since 2010 no one took an xBox emulator project to date.... Why is that?! Can someone explain that!?

Thanks...


I'm not sure if you mean the original Xbox or 360, but about 70% of games available on 360 are available on PC, making an emulator relatively useless.

Also, most emulators originally focused on the idea of games that were supposedly "out of copyright" like ROM-based games. This was actually taking advantage of a law that generically states that a device that no longer has a marketable use doesn't have an enforceable copyright, and so it actually did NOT apply, but who's going to bother suing over a Nintendo ROM game that you can get for $0.50?

As of late, Sony has sued people making PS emulators as have other companies because these games were still "sold at retail".


Sorry to say this but all if this is nonsense, the claim that most games were released to another system and so emulation isnt needed is false, people created emulators because they can and wanted to. Every single emulator thats existed to date has existed simply because of that. And if your statement is true in the first place then explain the whopping 284 games that were exclusive for the xbox http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games


Furthermore, emulator authors always have a notice about using games within them if you havent noticed, doesnt matter for what system or if said system's creators are bankrupt for the past 3 decades, then that copyright rule still stands. The only time Sony was against emulation was when Bleem (in 1999) had the chance of competing with Sony's own machine and was a risk to make PS! sales drop, hence why they went apeshit on them, same goes for Nintendo and the first N64 emulator UltraHLE, aside from that, game companies never pursuit emulator authors, its only when an emulator poses a threat to sales/encourages piracy that its a problem. With the exception of said two instances from the 90's there has never been a company fighting emulation.
February 28, 2014 4:42:27 PM

nyg49 said:
I use the emulator from this website: xboxemulator.webs.com
It works so well and you dont need a good computer for it!




virus? spam? fake?
March 20, 2014 3:15:45 AM

mi1ez said:
Probably down to the fact that he XBOX was fairly powerful but not x86.


Look up Pentium 3 copper mine, and don't answer questions to which you don't know the answer and more importantly falsely answer
March 20, 2014 3:44:28 AM

Pusalieth said:
mi1ez said:
Probably down to the fact that he XBOX was fairly powerful but not x86.


Look up Pentium 3 copper mine, and don't answer questions to which you don't know the answer and more importantly falsely answer


I acknowledged my mistake 9 months ago. Don't rock up and be a jerk in your first post, less than 30mins after joining the community.
March 20, 2014 12:55:39 PM

Quote:
And what was that emulator called? Ive never heard of microsoft going mad over anyone making an emulator, if they would WINE and DOSBox would have been nuked on day one lol


cxbx.

Reference thread for this topic:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48088464&pos...

Quote:
"Xbox is just like a PC, it's easy to emulate!"

Yes, we've all heard this silly and pointless argument a million times and it usually ends in the same, and rather ignorant conclusion (or should I say assumption) that just because the Xbox is PC similar, it's hardware should be relatively easy to emulate. That's a very wrong frame of mind. How hard can it be? Very. Xbox's hardware is very complex and still poorly documented to this day. This requires some explanation.

1. Is a PC easy to emulate? Well, I wouldn't say so myself. Take a look at the source code from bochs. A lot of source code/work isn't it?

2. Emulating an x86 CPU is a lot harder than it sounds. I don't know where this mindless assumption comes from. Yes, there's loads of documentation on how the x86 processor works, but that doesn't exactly make it easy. First of all, the x86 instruction set is M-A-S-S-I-V-E! There can be at least 20 different versions of one instruction (i.e. There are many different versions of the MOV instruction, as well as INC, DEC, ADD, SUB, SHR, SHL, AND, OR, XOR etc.) and it takes time to implement them all. Of course, that's not exactly difficult. The real problem is that any modern x86 processor including the Pentium III can execute multiple instructions at once. So it's not like emulating a Z80 doing one instruction at a time. The actual algorithm and how x86 does this is undocumented and still unknown. In short, the Xbox's CPU can be emulated, but not accurately.

3. Emulating any hardware by NVIDIA is not a walk in the park! The Xbox's GPU, the NV2A is often assumed just a GeForce 3. It's not! It's similar but not identical. It has some GeForce 4 capabilities too, so it's more of a cross between an NV20 and NV25. This is by no means easy to emulate either. NVIDIA's GPUs have very large register sets and afaik not even half of them have been discovered, and a large portion of known registers have unknown purposes. There is little to no documentation on how NVIDIA GPUs work. The best thing to do is to look at similar GPUs such as RIVA, TNT, and older GeForce cards. Some registers are similar, but not identical. The best place to look for information is in open source drivers available on the net. Adding to the dificulty is that no one has ever discovered how pixel shaders work on NV2x cards, vertex shaders yes though. The Xbox GPU also has exclusive registers that are not found in other GeForce cards. Information on the NV2A's GPU registers are just now beginning to be discovered a few months ago. And yet, there's still a long way to go. The GeForce 3 series is the most mysterious of all NVIDIA GPUs (G7x and G8x aside) and the NV2A is alot worse. "But can't you just directly execute the NV2A instructions on another NVIDIA card?". No, I get alot of questions concerning this, and it is impossible. It's MMIO addresses are different and the exclusive registers must be emulated. Plus, in windows, we don't have ring 0 access anyway, so you all can scratch that idea now. Then comes the NForce 2 chipset. This is where it get easier. The NVIDIA MCPX is the control center for things such as audio, USB for input, Network adapters, PCI, AGP, etc. These things are not really that difficult to emulate IMO except for the audio.

4. The Audio system is rather complex. Xbox's audio consists of at least 4 DSPs, and audio codec (AC '97) and an NVIDIA SoundStorm APU. The DSPs shouldn't be a problem (just figuring out what they all are is) nor should the AC '97 but the NVIDIA SoundStorm APU is the really difficult part. So far I haven't found any information on this thing, but right now, it's relevance is low.

5. The Xbox BIOS isn't fully understood. The basic execution process of the BIOS is understood, but details on the process are at a loss. What we do know gives us hints, but before the BIOS can be emulated, we'll need a better understanding of the Xbox hardware layout because the BIOS does some unknown hardware initialization at boot time and writes to the hardware directly without using any XDK stuff. It will take some time, and effort, but I'll eventually get it working.

6. Video Encoder "Hell". Instead of using a RAMDAC for video output, the Xbox uses a Video Encoder. What makes this suck a pain? Microsoft sought the need to change the video encoder every other Xbox version (there are seven in all, 1.0 - 1.6). Why, I dunno, it's a Microsoft thing, they always tend to try to "fix" things that aren't broken >.> AFAIK, there are at least 3 different Video Encoders used: Conexant CX25871, Focus FS454, and Xcalibur. For more information in Xbox video encoders, click here. Emulating all three video encoders is only less than half the battle, the real problem is that BIOSes can be specifically tied to a specific encoder depending on it's version (don't quote me on this though). Like PS2, every Xbox model revision has a updated BIOS and has different expectations. This is a potential problem, but not exactly major.

Basically, I'm trying to get this "Xbox should be easy to emulate because it's just like a PC" crap out of your heads. I'm sure that most of you will disagree with me on this, but for these reasons and more, on a low level, Xbox is harder to emulate than PS2.

^ The exception to that above is that the NV2A is much better documented now, but not fully. There's an open source library for the OpenXDK called pbKit. It interfaces directly with the hardware to fully expose it's potential. This is what Microsoft should have done all along (or at least wrote a low-level OpenGL implementation).
March 23, 2014 12:57:52 PM

darth pravus said:
Emu's do require beastly machine. Give that core 2 quad an oc.


They should not really need 'beastly machine' in the real world. There are ton's of emulators out there for other things and they do not need a beastly machine. I'm really beginning to think that most of the problem with getting a working emulator is not "The machines are too puny to run them!" it is "The games and consoles in question have 'breaker' scripts that people have to figure out how to get around!"

If it is the latter, it's past time for any console over 10 years old or not sold in regular stores anymore (whichever comes first) to have all documentation released for them so that a proper emulator can be made.

PPSSPP (what I use for my legally bought PSP games to emulate them) runs fine on a 5 year old gaming class computer and a 8 year old everyday computer from Toshiba.
March 23, 2014 1:26:17 PM

THERE IS NO WORKING XBOX360 EMULATOR OUT THERE.
March 24, 2014 5:19:19 AM

Christopher1 said:
darth pravus said:
Emu's do require beastly machine. Give that core 2 quad an oc.


They should not really need 'beastly machine' in the real world. There are ton's of emulators out there for other things and they do not need a beastly machine. I'm really beginning to think that most of the problem with getting a working emulator is not "The machines are too puny to run them!" it is "The games and consoles in question have 'breaker' scripts that people have to figure out how to get around!"

If it is the latter, it's past time for any console over 10 years old or not sold in regular stores anymore (whichever comes first) to have all documentation released for them so that a proper emulator can be made.

PPSSPP (what I use for my legally bought PSP games to emulate them) runs fine on a 5 year old gaming class computer and a 8 year old everyday computer from Toshiba.


The more accurate the emulator, the slower it gets. BSNES/Higan's "Accurate" mode struggles even on my i7-2600k, running Project 64 in interpreter mode with an interpreted RSP/RDP runs about half speed, and PCSX2 via interpreter? 2 FPS if I'm lucky.

What most all emulators do is use shortcuts that, 95% of the time, work and gain large amounts of speed. But those ALWAYS result in something else breaking that someone later has to fix.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/08/accuracy-takes-po...

Reference thread on this topic.

Coincidentally, we don't even have a perfect NES emulator yet. PuNES is the most accurate according to the test ROM's, but Nestopia/Nintendulator do better in actual games. But none can claim 100% accuracy.
March 24, 2014 2:17:42 PM

gamerk316 said:
What most all emulators do is use shortcuts that, 95% of the time, work and gain large amounts of speed. But those ALWAYS result in something else breaking that someone later has to fix.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/08/accuracy-takes-po...

Reference thread on this topic.

Coincidentally, we don't even have a perfect NES emulator yet. PuNES is the most accurate according to the test ROM's, but Nestopia/Nintendulator do better in actual games. But none can claim 100% accuracy.


Interesting read! Cheers
June 10, 2014 12:15:33 PM

gamerk316 said:

What most all emulators do is use shortcuts that, 95% of the time, work and gain large amounts of speed. But those ALWAYS result in something else breaking that someone later has to fix.


Because emulators do exactly what the name implies. they emulate. they are by design not to be 100% identical. if you want something 100% you would be looking for simulators. the idea with emulators is to reproduce something like it but not exact. which is why it skirted around copyright laws to develop said software.

from what it appears to me, there is a lack of interest and documentation when it comes to original xbox emulation. ps2 is finally getting polished, but it was better documented hardware wise let alone higher demand. the xbox soundstorm setup is all questions and no answers at this point. and thats just sound. i believe once 360 emulation becomes more prevalent, original xbox emulation may join that bandwagon. but at the moment it is tough to say.
June 11, 2014 9:00:14 AM

CharlesLam said:
gamerk316 said:

What most all emulators do is use shortcuts that, 95% of the time, work and gain large amounts of speed. But those ALWAYS result in something else breaking that someone later has to fix.


Because emulators do exactly what the name implies. they emulate. they are by design not to be 100% identical. if you want something 100% you would be looking for simulators. the idea with emulators is to reproduce something like it but not exact. which is why it skirted around copyright laws to develop said software.

from what it appears to me, there is a lack of interest and documentation when it comes to original xbox emulation. ps2 is finally getting polished, but it was better documented hardware wise let alone higher demand. the xbox soundstorm setup is all questions and no answers at this point. and thats just sound. i believe once 360 emulation becomes more prevalent, original xbox emulation may join that bandwagon. but at the moment it is tough to say.


Documentation is key, yes. That's why the N64 is so bloody impossible to emulate to this day, for example. The more documentation, the easier it becomes, for instance, to find those weird floating point rounding bugs.

As for emulation accuracy, there's a LOT of debate in the community. The trend is toward accuracy over absolute performance, however.
June 11, 2014 3:48:39 PM

gamerk316 said:
As for emulation accuracy, there's a LOT of debate in the community. The trend is now toward accuracy over absolute performance, however.


Fixed that for you.
June 19, 2014 2:57:04 PM

ChiggyChigChig said:
gamerk316 said:
There was an attempt at an Xbox emulator very early in development; MSFT went a little ballistic though. While emulation has been protected by numerous court rulings over the years, the developers decided that wasn't a fight worth fighting.


And what was that emulator called? Ive never heard of microsoft going mad over anyone making an emulator, if they would WINE and DOSBox would have been nuked on day one lol

So far theres only been 3 emulators for the xbox, one is cxbx, the other is dxbx which is basically cxbx but rewritten in a different programming language and nothing more, and ofcourse xeon, which works like cxbx but only plays Halo : Combat Evolved, and just the first level of it at that, and incredibly glitchy too. The sad thing about them is they arent actually emulators, just dumb patchers that try to route all calls to the xbox's hardware to that of windows, that really isnt emultion, but people got hopeful from it and rallied behind it since caustik (guy behind cxbx) came up with the idea as an experiment.

Xeon came and went as fast as it went, caustik and the guy behind xeon (_SF_) fought because he thought xeon stole cxbx code, everyone booed him even though he didnt. He never came back since he made it sometime in 2001-2002

Caustik got bored of cxbx (it was just a weird idea he came up with after all) and the project died in 2005 officially after he left it, some people though worked on it but the three other guys that made random updates to it vanished too, since then its been maintained by a guy called blueshogun, andddddd... well its been his pet that he just blogs about and nothing else happens much to it

Dxbx officially died off when they had nothing left to work with since cxbx didnt update and dxbx was just a way for its developers to play with the delphi programming language

For an emulator to actually emulate (like every single emulator that exists like pcsx2, pSX, stella, nulldc, snes9x etc..) they need to recreate the entirety of the hardware so that technically theres a virtual console and the game loads into it as normally as you would on the real thing, all xbox emulators never did that, so they failed and died, however.... recently a guy called espes did a breakthrough and used Qemu to create something that might just be the only hope left for an xbox emulator, but no news aside from its github page exists, it was/is called "xqemu"

the only thing capable of emulating xbox games and actually playing them, is non other than the xbox 360, microsoft created an emulator within it that works with specific games, its your best bet so far, however it only works with select games, and sadly it doesnt even work with half of the xbox's exclusive titles, the only other hope you have is seeing if your game was also made for the ps2 (then use pcsx2 to play it) or to the gamecube (use dolphin for that) or lastly, if it was made for the pc


Ooooooh, somebody is talking about me!

You might want to check out the latest progress on XQEMU (I blog about it on occasion when I get time). Lately, there's been a joint effort from espes, JayFoxRox, and I working on it, and we got a small handfull of games working so far. It still has quite a ways to go to catch up with Cxbx though, but this is undoubtly progressing faster and with greater practicality.

Shogun
June 20, 2014 7:02:54 AM

so now you are telling us it runs some games now? latest i read it didnt support any, just homebrew and diag stuff for developers to get their feet wet. keep fighting the good fight shogun! definitely want to see some xbox original stuff on the emu scene.
June 22, 2014 5:46:41 PM

CharlesLam said:
so now you are telling us it runs some games now? latest i read it didnt support any, just homebrew and diag stuff for developers to get their feet wet. keep fighting the good fight shogun! definitely want to see some xbox original stuff on the emu scene.


Well, it's been able to run the official BIOS, dashboard and XDK launcher for quite some time now, so it's not THAT under developed...

Aside from that, it's largely untested. I don't think the other guys have as much content to run. If anyone wants to try their "luck", go ahead and give it a go; the source code is on git (https://github.com/espes/xqemu or https://github.com/JayFoxRox/xqemu ... try them both).

!