US Govt commences foreplay without Mr Assange

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
had to do some digging to bring this guy back from the dead.....

If the US charges are foreplay, then the UK is commencing the forced sodomy. But thankfully Ecuador is keeping Assange in their embassy..... for now.

Just before the announcement of asylum, President Rafael Correa rejected British efforts to secure a handover, saying on his Twitter account: “No one is going to terrorize us!” The night before, Mr. Patiño said that the British authorities had threatened to force their way into the embassy, to which he responded: “We are not a British colony.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/17/world/americas/ecuador-to-let-assange-stay-in-its-embassy.html?pagewanted=all

Interesting times.

I wonder if Britain plans to trash the entire diplomacy thing?

What Govt would want an embassy in Britain if that happened?

Britain's last surviving skill ... political mediation ... might be going down the gurgler faster than the money and superpower status ran out of the place many years ago.

RIP GB ...

Even the Chinese and the Ruskies always respected another foreign power's embassy and the principles of diplomatic immunity.

As this rate Assange might well be remember one day as the guy who caused a war and was at the centre of the fall of a world political structure... instead of the guy who made public a heap of sensitive documents ... and porked a few Swedish hookers.

One thing is for sure, he is not an idiot.

I would think he would be a valuable tool in the US cyber-security part of the department of Defense against our enemies and see what our so called 'allies' are really up to on us.

As much as it pains me to admit, I think the only U. S. law that Assange may have broken is that of receiving stolen property. And because he did it outside the U. S., we do not have any jurisdiction.

I do not see how we can legitimately try him for anything.

Somebody should just make him wear a llama suit for a week ... with a couple of raw kippers inside it ...

Lets face it ... his image is bad for Australia.

We don't want a pasty faced effeminate looking role model thanks.