MOBO Question ???

G

I could use a recommendation or two concerning the selection of a quality mobo with cost not being an issue.
I want an excellent mobo and if possible one also made by a company that has good tech support and service. I want to use the Intel P4 875P/3.2 CPU along with Corsair TWINX 1024-PC3200LL memory. I don't intend on overclocking anything. My concerns are performance up to a point and stability. I will play a game or to on and off line. It will also be for home use. I require 1394,SATA, USB 2.0 ports. I have been through the mill with Dell a few years ago and their award winning service and I am not looking forward to doing it again. Could a few folks here recommend a top shelf mobo. I had in mind an Asus P4C800E Deluxe but have been reading more than a few negative comments both about their boards and about their after the sale service which has caused me to re think my choice. Being that I don't plan on over clocking I was thinking an Intel D875PBZ mobo? Also this will not be for resale so profit margin is also a non issue. Quality, Performance, Stability and Service is. Help is appreciated, thanks.......Vista

<b>"A politician should do two terms-one in office & one in jail"</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by vista on 01/24/04 07:13 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Why 875P? The only problem I've had with my P4C800-E is vCore fluctuation under stress (overclocking). I've heard people have stability problems concerning RAM latency on the IC7, but those can usually be adressed through manual settings (such as raising vDIMM). The most trouble free high performance board I know of is the Abit IS7, but it has the 865PE.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

G

Crash,
Why 875P? Like I mentioned in a previous post, when it come to computer technology I have scrambled eggs for brains. I figured the more CPU, Memory the better and merrier, no other reason. Are you saying that If I were to run the Asus board in pretty much a default mode and not use memory with to low a CAS it would therefore be a more stable deal but would cut down on performance to some degree and that I would be less likely to have stability issues? I don't want to have any instability issues. I don't want my system to be on the cutting edge of doom, that's not my direction....Vista

<b>"A politician should do two terms-one in office & one in jail"</b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I just think that the added price of the 875P is not justified compared to the 865PE.

I mentioned in your other post the Corair has recommended PC3500 instead of PC3200. The reason is, PC3500 is top quality PC3200 with slightly slower latency values programed in SPD.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

G

Ok thanks.........

<b>"A politician should do two terms-one in office & one in jail"</b>