Sign in with
Your question

Is this config good for gaming??

Last response: in Video Games
January 18, 2013 7:36:38 AM

Hey all im planning to buy this config......
but one of my friend told that "it is not nice config"

PS - I want to play games at ultra settings without lagg and 40+ FPS
Will this config be able to do that?

PSU - Seasonic S12II 520 Watts PSU
Processor – Intel Core i5-3570
RAM – G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL)
Monitor – Dell 20 inch LED - IN2030M Monitor
Cabinet – Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus CPU Cabinet
Optical Drive – Asus DRW-24B5ST Internal Optical Drive
Graphics Card – Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2 GB GDDR5 GV-N660OC-2GD
Hard Disk Drive – WD Caviar Green 2 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (WD20EARX)
Motherboard – Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard
LED Fan – Deepcool WIND BLADE Cooler

More about : config good gaming

January 18, 2013 8:34:31 AM

I'd recommend a 660ti over the 660. The difference is considerable. Ti is basically where the "gaming" grade hardware in the 600 series starts. Also would recommend a faster HDD than a caviar green for your main drive.
m
l
January 18, 2013 8:40:50 AM

casualcolors said:
I'd recommend a 660ti over the 660. The difference is considerable. Ti is basically where the "gaming" grade hardware in the 600 series starts. Also would recommend a faster HDD than a caviar green for your main drive.

bro money prob for 660 ti......i was going for the same but budget got over........by the way wht about the mother board?
m
l
Related resources
January 18, 2013 8:46:46 AM

realgangsta24 said:
bro money prob for 660 ti......i was going for the same but budget got over........by the way wht about the mother board?

I don't know anything about that mobo offhand, sorry. I would still really recommend putting your build off at least until the 660ti would be a possibility.
m
l
January 18, 2013 9:28:01 AM

i would change two things first he has already said it the gpu 660ti instead of 660 and the second thing get a 1tb hdd and a ssd it really gives a boost pt ur os and the games u play the most.
m
l
January 18, 2013 10:04:15 AM

Ramzzz2936 said:
i would change two things first he has already said it the gpu 660ti instead of 660 and the second thing get a 1tb hdd and a ssd it really gives a boost pt ur os and the games u play the most.

kk i will do that change
just tell me about the motherboard.......is my present one fine.....the one in the config
m
l
January 19, 2013 4:57:19 PM

realgangsta24 said:
kk i will do that change
just tell me about the motherboard.......is my present one fine.....the one in the config

Yeah, that motherboard is fine.

But seriously, you will want a faster hard drive. The Caviar Green ones are designed to be more power friendly, which makes them really slow. Your boot up time and game load times will be terrible with a HDD like that. Get a 7200RPM HDD, or better yet, get a SSD and a HDD.
m
l
January 21, 2013 12:03:37 AM

voiidwulf said:
Yeah, that motherboard is fine.

But seriously, you will want a faster hard drive. The Caviar Green ones are designed to be more power friendly, which makes them really slow. Your boot up time and game load times will be terrible with a HDD like that. Get a 7200RPM HDD, or better yet, get a SSD and a HDD.

Bro but i think it will not enhance game performance, the only work it'll do is that it'll help boot-up fast and start-up or loading screens of games, etc.....but i think it will not enhance in-game fps.....PLEASE REPLY
m
l
January 21, 2013 12:28:28 AM

realgangsta24 said:
Bro but i think it will not enhance game performance, the only work it'll do is that it'll help boot-up fast and start-up or loading screens of games, etc.....but i think it will not enhance in-game fps.....PLEASE REPLY

Unless the game has streaming textures, you're right. Some games stream textures from the HDD, and you won't increase fps but you can potentially reduce pop-in with an SSD, but even then this is not always the case. Despite the hype, SSD's best impact is in bootup and OS-function operating time, and loading screens in games that have those that you actually install on your SSD.
m
l
January 27, 2013 4:29:49 AM

will here be any heating problem as i'll be using the stock cooler and heatsink which will come with the processor
m
l
January 28, 2013 2:18:41 AM

realgangsta24 said:
will here be any heating problem as i'll be using the stock cooler and heatsink which will come with the processor

Nope. Unless you are overclocking the stock stuff is fine.
m
l
February 4, 2013 4:00:21 AM

kk..................i want to run all games at ultra.....super smooth
m
l
February 4, 2013 9:12:00 PM

You need like a GTX 680 or HD 7970 to max out every game. If you want to max out most games you'll want the 660Ti.
m
l
!