Text messaging not working on ported #'s?

I just ported over a number today from a land line and while it is working
for both incomming and outgoing voice calls, I can't seem to get a single
text message to go through in any form (in or out). Has anybody else had
this sort of problem?

Thanks,
Jeff

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 22:10:11 -0400, "Jeff P"
<jeffpNO@SPAMruralramp.net> wrote:

>I just ported over a number today from a land line and while it is working
>for both incomming and outgoing voice calls, I can't seem to get a single
>text message to go through in any form (in or out). Has anybody else had
>this sort of problem?

How are you sending the message to the unit? Are you using your phone
number (10 digit) followed by @vtext.com? Have you been to vtext.com?
Are you able to register for an alias for your number? Are you even
able to log in or set up an acount on vtext.com?