Sign in with
Your question

Overclock Celeron 1.1GHZ 128K

Last response: in Overclocking
January 28, 2004 2:16:03 AM

Hello everyone,

I have a ABIT BE6-II motherboard and I will have a Celeron 1.1GHZ and 128K. Does anyone have this motherboard and did they overclock their CPU? If you overclocked what is the highest did you have for the Celeron 1.1GHZ 128K processor.

Mike C

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Mikec on 01/28/04 04:56 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
January 28, 2004 6:05:43 PM

unfortunatly the celeron 1.1 w/ the cu-mine core does not have much head room, honestly you would be lucky to squeeze another 150mhz out of it. That mobo is very good for overclocking and can easily overclock to 150+ fsb, so your mobo will not limit you.

If it isn't a P6 then it isn't a procesor
110% BX fanboy
January 28, 2004 7:51:37 PM

Hi piii_Man,

I haven't tried to go to 150 FSB because I cannot go up to there with my Celeron 500MHZ. Is the Celeron 1.1GHZ "Locked" because it will not let you overclock at certain speeds?. I have a Celeron at 500 MHZ and I over clocked to 563MHZ only because when I overclocked up to 600MHZ or to 653MHZ it crashes the operating system and the computer frozed. I just orded a Celeron 1.1GHZ this week so I will have to wait until it arrive. I know this mobo is out of dated and I should not upgrade my CPU but its too slow to run applications now. I tried to go at 100MHZ FSB with the Celeron 500 MHZ but it will not go. It is stuck at 66MHZ FSB for the Celeron 500 MHZ. I guess the Celeron 500 MHZ is "Locked". I hope the new Celeron 1.1GHZ is not locked and I can push the FSB to 150+ or higher that would be great.

Do you have that motherboard and that CPU too? If you do what is the highest GHZ for the Celeron 1.1 did you overclocked it too.

Mike C
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
January 29, 2004 2:13:19 AM

OMG you're completely clueless. First of all, ALL Celerons have a multiplier lock. You can only increase the bus speed.

Looking at your OLD Celeron, it had the Mendicino core which was known to overclock in the range of 500-600MHz top, depending on the processor itself. Now, the 300A version could go to 450MHz at 100Mhz FSB easily. The 333A could go to 500MHz at 100MHz FSB easily. The 366A could sometimes go to 550MHz at 100MHz bus. It really depended on the quality of the specific processor, but ALL were limited below 600MHz!

OK, now looking at the Coppermine. It wouldn't go very much above 1.1GHz. In fact, the PIII 1.13GHz Coppermine was recalled because of data errors. So 1.10GHz was about the best Intel could get from it. You might get 1.2GHz, maybe a bit more. It's a BAD choice for overclocking.

Your BEST choice for overclocking is the 1.1GHz with 256k. That Celeron uses the Tualatin core, which clocks MUCH higher. The 1.1GHz Tualatin can EASILY hit 1466MHz at 133MHz bus.

And now you're thinking "those don't work on my board" and of course your wrong. You'd want to purchase a Tualatin adapter with adjustable voltage controll, the BEST choice being the Upgradeware Slot-T. It cost $20 here in the U.S. and you can find a distributor list at <A HREF="http://www.upgradeware.com" target="_new">http://www.upgradeware.com&lt;/A>

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
January 29, 2004 2:41:12 AM

Hi Crashman,

Thank you for you information. I apperciate it. Thank you for the link.

Mike C:) 

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Mikec on 01/29/04 00:03 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
January 29, 2004 3:22:17 AM

I've USED the Slot-T on YOUR board, I referbished YOUR board for the retail market, I tested EVERY ONE using the Slot-T with a Tualatin Celeron 1.1GHz at 1650MHz. EVERY SINGLE ONE! <A HREF="http://www.upgradeware.com/english/product/slott/compat..." target="_new">Here's your compatability list</A>, like it matters since I've already assured you of compatability, and <A HREF="http://www.strattoncomputer.com/slot1-fcpga2.html" target="_new">Here's where to buy it in the U.S.</A>

Glad I could help!

Oh, your board also supports low density PC133 modules of up to 256MB/slot, if you need some more, <A HREF="http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp?Mfr+Productl..." target="_new">Here's a list from the most reliable supplier of these low density modules</A>, and <A HREF="http://www.crucial.com/store/PartSpecs.asp?imodule=CT32..." target="_new">This is the module I always recommend for any standard BX chipset motherboard</A>

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
January 29, 2004 3:31:51 AM

Hi Crashman,

Thank you but no thank you for referbish my mobo. My Mobo memory is already upgrade to a 512MB. So that is enough memory. For that computer its a slow computer butI connect that to my network to go on to the internet. I built myself a new computer already its a AMD 2400XP+ 2.0 GHZ. 1GB of memory 80GB HD space. I just see what the price for older CPU was. I bought the Celeron 1.1GHZ for $38.00. But I just wanted to upgrade my old computer so I can run the application faster and go to the Internet where it loads page faster that is all.

Mike C
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
January 29, 2004 3:43:41 AM

I wasn't offering.

I sold refurbised motherboards. You see, I was a board refurbisher. I'd buy nonworking boards in bulk, repair them, load the latest BIOS, test them, and sell them. When I said "your" board I was refering to boards identicle to yours.

January 29, 2004 3:45:51 AM

Hi Crashman,

Sorry about that. I misunderstood.

Mike C
January 30, 2004 12:05:17 AM

Good News I just got my Celeron 1.1GHZ 128K today. I will over clock this baby and see how far it will go with my ABIT BE6-II mobo. I will post my result after I test it.

Mike C
January 31, 2004 6:26:51 PM

BAD NEWS. My CPU did not work when it arrive DOA. So now I have to "EXCHANGE" the CPU and then I will post my results with the NEW CPU. I hope my EXHANGE CPU will work.

Mike C:( 
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
February 1, 2004 1:02:42 PM

Are you sure it was a coppermine core. If it was a tualatin core the board will not boot without the adaptor.

I aint signing nothing!!!
February 1, 2004 1:07:35 PM

HI Rick_Criswell,

Yes the CPU is a coppermine core because it has a 128K 1.75v 100 FSB. It saids that on the CPU when I got it. This CPU has a .18 micro. The tualtin core has a 256K 100 FSB .13 micron.
February 1, 2004 11:23:35 PM

wouldnt the celeron 1.1 be socket 370? Is it the medicino only adaptor that is causeing these problems?

110% BX fanboy
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
February 1, 2004 11:56:33 PM

Are you sure your Slot to Socket adapter is Coppermine compatable?

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
February 1, 2004 11:56:51 PM

What?

February 2, 2004 12:30:55 AM

HI Crashman,

Yes my Slot to Socket adapter is a Coppermine compatable becuase I have a Celeron 500MHZ 128K 66 FSB.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
February 2, 2004 12:57:23 AM

No sir! All Celeron 500's used the Mendicino core. Your adapter should have a "PIII/Celeron" or "FC-PGA/PPGA" selector on it if it's Coppermine compatable. The current setting would be for Mendicino core Celerons ONLY, no coppermines, not even Coppermine Celerons. You would have to use the Coppermine setting to make it work with the new processor (sometimes labled PIII or FCPGA).

If you adapter has no settings, it's PPGA (Mendicino core) ONLY, and not compatable with Coppermines.

February 2, 2004 2:52:10 AM

Hi Crashman,

Here is what my adaptor says 370SP Card "the transfer card of Intel Celeron PPGA 370 processor on the Slot1." On the back of the packaging it says Use Intel Celeron PPGA 370 processor on your slot1 mainboard now.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
February 2, 2004 3:30:23 AM

LOL, that's funny. How does it feel to know you sent back a perfectly working processor because you had the wrong adapter?

PPGA refers to the old style processor package used on most Intel Pentium MMX and Celeron processors. The only processors that work are the Mendicino core Celerons.

You need a new adapter. You might as well get the Upgradeware Slot-T for $20, because that works with both Coppermine and Tualatin core processors. But then if you have that adapter, you might as well get a Tualatin Celeron 1.1 instead of a Coppermine. And they cost about the same. But the Tualatin has twice the cache and overclocks nicely to 1466MHz (at least).

February 2, 2004 3:55:19 AM

Hi Crashman,

I feel upset and stupid now because I wasted my $$ sending the shipping back. Now I know the difference since you explain it too me. I spend to much $$$ now because I bought the Celeron 128K 100FSB for $32.00 and added shipping $6.50 total is $38.50. Now I have to buy another adaptor which is going to cost me about another $12 or so. I don't think I am going to but a Tualain Celeron processor becuase I spend too much $$$. I know a Tualain process is I just bought a Celeron 1.1 128K 100FSB total for $38.50. I am not go to pay a Celeron 1.1 256K 100FSB for $39-$45 to get a Tualain processor. I think I will just buy a PPGA/FCPGA Flip Chip Coppermine Socket 370 to Slot 1 converter card only. I will pay for $12 for that card.

You help me a lot. I apperciate it. I learn something new know that I did not know before.

Again thank you very mcuh. I am sad that I wasted my $$$ and happy that I learn something new from you.

I will reply my result when I get my NEW adaptor and my returned CPU.

Mike C :)  :( 
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
February 2, 2004 4:48:22 AM

Yes, I kind of wished you had mentioned all this earlier, before spending the extra cash.

The Coppermine Celeron 1100 will never be a great performer, it should get you PIII 800E performance.

February 2, 2004 12:07:48 PM

Hi Crashman,

If I had told you ealier it would be better but I did not know that Intel has these things. But now I know thank you again. Oh you know I am going to buy this socket because of this CPU. Please tell me if this is comptable with the Celeron 1.1 128K 100FSB thanks. I know the Coppermine Celeron 1100 will not be a great performer but if it overlcock to 1.2 or to 1.3 it will do for me. I am happy then.
Link: http://www.coolerexpress.com/soc370fcppga.html

Mike C
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
February 2, 2004 3:40:32 PM

Yes, those work for Coppermines, I've used them before. So using one for your 1100 shouldn't be a problem.

February 2, 2004 4:52:26 PM

Thank you very much for help. I apperciate it. I will post my results and overclock useage when I get the retured CPU and ordered my new adaptor.

Mike C :) 
February 2, 2004 7:29:03 PM

woot i soo called that!

110% BX fanboy
February 3, 2004 7:49:11 PM

Hi Crasman,

How are you? Well guess what? I was going to order the link which was from the coolerexpress.com it was the Socket 370-FC-PPGA Convert I told you about. I orderd it tody then later an email came that it was SOLD OUT. I am so mad now. But anyway I went ahead and ordered the SLOT-T I had no choice because my CPU will come back anytime. Well that cost total of $23.59. The thing cost $19.95 plus $3.64 shipping. I am shocked now. This tough me a BIG LESSON. The lesson is NEVER upgrade OLD stuff. If its slow just buy another board and use that one. With this much I spend for this I can but another motherboard.

I will continue my saga when I get everything.

Stay Tune!!!
Mike C
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
February 3, 2004 10:50:31 PM

LOL, well, you could get a new board for the $70 it would cost to buy a Tualatin Celeron 1100 and a Slot-T, but then you'd still need a processor and RAM! Hehe. I think a better lessn would be that when you're dealing with obsolete hardware you should ask questions first. After all, the Tualatin cost the same as the Coppermine. Performs better, overclocks better.

February 3, 2004 11:00:25 PM

Hi Crashman,

Yes you are right. With $70 dollard I can buy a new AMD 2100XP+ and new RAM new hard drive and all the other goodies. Well it turns out I did learn a BIG LESSON. And what I learned from this lesson is to NEVER upgrade absolute hardware at all. And yes if I am going to upgrade absolute hardware (never again)I should ask questions that is a smart idea. But it sort of my fault because I did not do enough reasearch on my mobo.

Mike C
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
February 4, 2004 12:55:34 AM

LOL, no you can't. YOu can buy a cheap motherboard with $70. Nothing else. And then you'd still want a new CPU, add another $70. And then since the new board would use DDR SDRAM instead of PC100/PC133, you'd probably spend another $70 on that. So it would have cost you 3x as much.

February 4, 2004 12:58:54 AM

I meant $70 motherboard I buy a combo board with cpu. That's true I would have to buy New memory.

MikeC
February 16, 2004 8:38:36 PM

Hi All,

Great News I recieved my CPU on 2-10-04 and works. My FSB is 100 but I overclocked it too 109FSB and the speed it now 1.2280. Sometimes there are blue screen when only shut down but when I run every applicaition there are no blue screen. My voltage is set to 1.9 v. Original is 1.75v. This is great 1.1 overclocked it to 1.2. My Celeron 500MHZ is only overclockable to 563 MHZ. Well I am happy with my NEW celeron 1.1 now is 1.2 GHZ(hehe).

Again thanks for all your guys that help me on this matter.
February 16, 2004 11:23:23 PM

That's no cool
February 16, 2004 11:31:24 PM

It's fine for me because the CPU 500MHZ can overclock only 63 MHZ. But now the Celeron 1.1 can go to 1.2.
February 18, 2004 12:58:28 AM

That's about the same ratio, 63/500~13% of overclocking
100/1100~9% of overclocking
When i said no cool, i'm not referring to your OC is not cool, I mean if it crashes, then it's no cool, a good Overclocking should be perfect...at least that's what i think :smile:
February 18, 2004 1:06:54 AM

Hi Nights L,

Yeap that is true. :) 
December 17, 2012 9:56:51 PM

Crashman said:
OMG you're completely clueless. First of all, ALL Celerons have a multiplier lock. You can only increase the bus speed.

Looking at your OLD Celeron, it had the Mendicino core which was known to overclock in the range of 500-600MHz top, depending on the processor itself. Now, the 300A version could go to 450MHz at 100Mhz FSB easily. The 333A could go to 500MHz at 100MHz FSB easily. The 366A could sometimes go to 550MHz at 100MHz bus. It really depended on the quality of the specific processor, but ALL were limited below 600MHz!

OK, now looking at the Coppermine. It wouldn't go very much above 1.1GHz. In fact, the PIII 1.13GHz Coppermine was recalled because of data errors. So 1.10GHz was about the best Intel could get from it. You might get 1.2GHz, maybe a bit more. It's a BAD choice for overclocking.

Your BEST choice for overclocking is the 1.1GHz with 256k. That Celeron uses the Tualatin core, which clocks MUCH higher. The 1.1GHz Tualatin can EASILY hit 1466MHz at 133MHz bus.

And now you're thinking "those don't work on my board" and of course your wrong. You'd want to purchase a Tualatin adapter with adjustable voltage controll, the BEST choice being the Upgradeware Slot-T. It cost $20 here in the U.S. and you can find a distributor list at <A HREF="http://www.upgradeware.com" target="_new">http://www.upgradeware.com&lt;/A>

i am a leet haxor crauiocraucaruirucrammcramuacuiupcamucaemuaceamemacauccmcacececacmacacmaapruaieuraoiaupoiuy4at;iujhgweggew
!