Gaming/ visual designing computer

darkcron

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
Hello there,
I'm looking to get a new desktop and I think I just found one.
I looked up more information about the parts inside it, but sometimes the amount of valuable information was lacking :/ .
I was just wondering if someone could take a brief look over the specs and see if you can recommend it or not :).
Thank you in advance.

//From a dutch site

Specificaties:

Processor
Intel Core i7 3770 - 3.4 GHz - 4 cores - 8 threads - 8 MB cache - LGA1155 Socket

Werkgeheugen
16 GB DDR3 1333 // Unknown brand, can be asked via telephone

Moederbord
ASUS P8H77-M LE - Motherboard - micro ATX - LGA1155 Socket - H77 - USB 3.0 - Gigabit LAN - HD Audio (8-channel)

Grafische kaart
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 2GB

Oplag
120 GB Solid State Drive (SSD voor OS)
+
HDDI 1,0TB Toshiba DT01ACA100 SATA3/32MB/7200rpm

PC Case
Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 USB 3.0

Voeding
Antec High Current Gamer HCG-620 - Power supply ( internal ) - ATX12V 2.3/ EPS12V 2.91 - 80 PLUS Bronze - AC 100-240 V - 620 Watt - active PFC - Europe

Besturingssysteem
Windows 8 64 Bit //Windows 7 64 bit available :D

at a price of 1235 euros. My estimation of the same computer buying the parts seperatly was 900-1050 euros total. But at that price I'll just plan to by the complete system as it is. :)

DragonClaw

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
That's a good build in my opinion.

The GTX 660 gives you awesome performance considering it's price. But for the latest games, it might start to give problems. In Far Cry 3 for example, you will be able to play the game with above 30 fps average at 1080p, but depending on the environment, fps might dip considerably.
May be a 660 SLI'd? But your Mother Board doesn't support SLI. It can do Crossfire alright, though. (I think). So if possible, you should get a Radeon Card rather, or switch your Mother Board

darkcron

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
ah thank you, I only play games time to time, I mainly make high poly models and animate them. I don't need my games to be maxed out at every setting, as longs as I might get 40+ fps at medium setting for some games like skyrim for example, I'll be fine.
Thank you :)

DragonClaw

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Play at HD, and you will get 50+ fps alright. Full HD, you might need to lower some DX 11 Settings. That's it.

660 Ti is an expensive thing. But it's a lot better than the 660. Correct.

there isnt a pre-built pc out there that gives value for money.
if you have the basic skills of using a screwdriver and are able to read a book from page 1 without skipping to the end. then your capable of building your own pc.
its not like the old days where you had to put jumpers all over the place, everything is pretty much plug and play.
so save your cash or spend it on better hardware, then build it yourself. even a newbee can do a build from scratch in about 8 hours. a pro less than 4.
my last build took just under 2 and a half and that was with a board i didnt know. then it will take another 4 to install and update windows. so 6-12 hours total... a good way to spend a weekend ...

Scott_D_Bowen

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Not to mention there is an entire community of people on Toms Hardware Forums willing and able to assist with practically anything you can imagine at no cost, bar their own time.

darkcron

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
You see the problem is really I don't have that many good computer shops around. If there even are any the prices are always overpriced...
I can however buy all the parts online but it seems such a drag since everything seems so different from each other. How will I be able to see if for example my motherboard will fit in the case, if a certain fan is enough to cool the system, ... . I don't really have THAT much experience with modifying computers... Sure I have replaced a video card and a hard disk and added an extra fan before, but surely it is something different when you build your own rig from scratch isn't it?
I'm not afraid to put some time and work to put it together correctly I'm just afraid something will go wrong :/