Sign in with
Your question

Best Games Ever

Last response: in Video Games
January 18, 2013 3:08:55 PM

Check this out and post what you think: http://www.crunchmagic.com

It's based on some pretty cool science and is built as a fun retro game.

Coolest way to find games ever? :D 

More about : games

January 18, 2013 4:20:11 PM

Quote:
Waste of time and bandwidth if you ask me.

Sounds like you thought it was stupid.
Related resources
January 18, 2013 5:08:22 PM

calmstateofmind said:
I was expecting music...

Sounds like you wanted the game to have the same sort of sound most games do. I think that's a good idea.

We might have to be careful, though, because some people get pissed when websites have too much sound. Maybe background music plus a way to turn all sound on and off?
January 18, 2013 5:36:44 PM

Not a bad idea, I think it has potential.
January 18, 2013 6:13:18 PM

thomasf94 said:
Not a bad idea, I think it has potential.

Thanks, man. I just want to be able to find cool games without too much hassle, and help other people do the same.
January 18, 2013 6:14:50 PM

log in with your steam account. yeah rite. im gonna put my steam details up on some random joe's site. call me cynical but phishing for social details like steam account passwords isnt new and i for 1 wont be putting in my details just for some pretty gfx.
January 18, 2013 6:43:52 PM

HEXiT said:
log in with your steam account. yeah rite. im gonna put my steam details up on some random joe's site. call me cynical but phishing for social details like steam account passwords isnt new and i for 1 wont be putting in my details just for some pretty gfx.

Sounds like logging in with Steam is a little scary. I understand. We're sort of nobody.

It sucks that it's scary for people, but using Steam actually means you give us less information. We communicate with the Steam Community site via OpenID and they never send us your password. You can tell because when you click on the button it redirects you to 'https://steamcommunity.com'.

We use it because it allows us to figure out which games you like to play, without you having to type it all in. We can't even get that if your profile is Private, though.

Hopefully we'll be adding Facebook log in in the next month or so. A lot of people are using that now. Maybe it'll make people a little more confident.
January 18, 2013 6:45:42 PM

waylonflinn said:
Sounds like you wanted the game to have the same sort of sound most games do. I think that's a good idea.

We might have to be careful, though, because some people get pissed when websites have too much sound. Maybe background music plus a way to turn all sound on and off?

I think that would work =)
January 18, 2013 7:59:57 PM

ANSWER = Half Life
January 18, 2013 8:30:34 PM

Brett928S2 said:
ANSWER = Half Life

I might have to go with Portal.
January 18, 2013 8:32:02 PM

Hum seen this before login with your steam account. There was a web page a year back did this, and I knew a few people stupid enough to give out there log in name and password.
And you never guess what the next day there Steam account was taken over, the guys then used hacks playing CSS, the game was banned and they had to buy a new copy of the game all over again. No
January 18, 2013 8:50:27 PM

weaselman said:
Hum seen this before login with your steam account. There was a web page a year back did this, and I knew a few people stupid enough to give out there log in name and password.
And you never guess what the next day there Steam account was taken over, the guys then used hacks playing CSS, the game was banned and they had to buy a new copy of the game all over again. No

Sounds like you're worried about the Steam login thing too. Seems like a big deal for some people.

We never see your password or your username. You log in to Steam via the Steam Community website and they send us back a string of numbers that they use to identify you in their system.

We use this node.js module to communicate with Steam via OpenID: https://github.com/liamcurry/passport-steam

We built a very small wrapper around it which you can find and download here: https://npmjs.org/package/steam-community

Honestly, I'm not even sure what I would do with peoples accounts if I had their login information. Play their games, maybe?
Anonymous
January 20, 2013 5:19:28 PM

Sounds like you lost the step mate.
January 21, 2013 4:58:39 PM

Anonymous said:
Sounds like you lost the step mate.

One of the cool things about hanging out on the UK boards is that I get to learn new slang.

What does 'lost the step' mean?
Anonymous
January 21, 2013 5:06:04 PM

Oh it's appear you want to stay here. I take my word back, sorry.
!