Water cool -VS- Electric

G

Ok I have a question to ask for cooling my new computer. Here are the specs:

Lian Li PC-75
P4c 3.0 (may overclock)
Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb
1GB KIT HyperX Series PC3500
Antec True Power 550W

I know the case comes with 4 80mm fans. Now I was thinking about adding 2 80mm fans in the window and 1 blowhole up top. I was thinking of using the Nexus NXP-305 to control the fans. I am not sure which HSF I would use for this setup.

Now I thought about water cooling to keep the noise down since the PC is in my bedroom. However I am not sure how safe water cooling is or even whic kit to get.

I will be using the computer for gamming, surfing and general use.

Anyhelp would greatley be apreciated. Thanks in advance.

"We learn the rope of life by untying its knots"

JP5

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003
If you want air cooling get a Zalman 7000. If you want water cooling, get a swiftech or waterchill kit. Watercooling is definitely more of a pain in the ass, but significantly cooler.

G

What about the ThermalRight SP-94 HeatPipe? is it any good?

ImpPatience

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2003
I think most of the ThermalRight heatsinks are pretty good as long as you have mounting holes on the motherboard - my experience is with AMD motherboards so I'm not sure whether most P4 boards have the mounting holes or not. <A HREF="http://www.overclockers.com/articles373/p4sum.asp" target="_new">Click here</A> if you haven't been there already for some reviews and relative ranking of P4 heatsinks. The site also has some beginner guides and waterblock reviews that you might want to browse through.

<font color=blue><b>Purchase object A, install object A, curse object A, repeat...</b></font color=blue>

G

Yeah I think I will go with the sp-94 and maybe a Vantec Tornado mounted on it. Since I have a fan control. Has anyone ever tried the Vantec Iceberq 4 VGA cooler?

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
most fan controlers cannot handle a tornado...look at the max amperage your fan controler can give...

If it isn't a P6 then it isn't a procesor
110% BX fanboy

G

The fan controler I want can take 1.5 max. The tornado is.76amp.

G

Oh and I have Aerogate II to controll the cpu, GPU, HDD and a case fan. This is on top of the Nexus 305.

TRENDING THREADS