Euro Truck Simulator 2 Low FPS, Low GPU Usage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredReality

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
I recently purchased a game called Euro Truck Simulator 2 and I've noticed that it has a lot of performance issues. A few days ago the game (on Ultra) was playing at a horrible 19 FPS everywhere in the game, but only using 10-15% CPU and 30-50% GPU!!! I recently saw a HUGE improvement in performance by disabling an option called "Refresh Rate". On highways and away from cities it now gets 45-60 FPS and my GPU usage hovers around 80-99%, where it should be.

But there is still an issue I need resolved. When I drive into a city the FPS goes back down to 19, and my GPU usage goes back down to 30-50%!!! WTF :ouch: ?! And, here is another thing I noticed; when I'm in the city and change the camera mode from inside the truck to outside, the FPS goes back up to 45-60 and my GPU goes back up to 70-90% usage! That means that it is not my computer, it is inefficient code or a leak somewhere. When I do certain things it is as if something in the code or options is limiting my GPU. Do you guys know of anything I can try to stop this from happening? Maybe you guys know of something else that is buggy that I can disable in the options that is causing a leak? Something else? Also, every time my GPU usage dips to 30-50% my CPU is still at 15-30%, so it's not like my CPU isn't supplying enough info or anything like that.

Here is my rig:
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1035T 2.6GHz
RAM: 6GB DDR3
Resolution: 1920 x 1080

PS: My graphics drivers are up to date (310.90) and I have the latest version of the game (v2.1.2.5.1)

PS:pS: I also tried lowering the graphics to medium and high, but no improvement.

Thanks

Peasant

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2013
Please test this code and see if the lag is still there.

Code:

[7607]
LongName=Euro Truck Simulator 2
ShortName=ets2
LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SCS Software\Euro Truck Simulator 2\InstallDir
LauncherDirAppend=\bin\win_x86
LauncherExe=eurotrucks2.exe
Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH%
InGameRenderer=D3D9
InGameFlags=ENABLE_MOUSE|USE_DINPUT_MOUSE|NEW_INPUT_SYSTEM|DISABLE_RELEASE

If you're playing on xfire, simply replace the code in xfire_games.ini with the above one. Save the file and redetect your games (Options -> Games).

AlteredReality

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013

Where do I put this?

PS: I'm not using XFire (at least I don't think so, as I have NVIDIA and only one card)

Thanks

Peasant

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2013
Find xfire_games.ini [C:\ProgramData\Xfire (WIN 7/Vista) or C:\Program Files\Xfire (WIN XP); note that ProgramData folder is hidden so the best would be to paste the whole path to explorer's address bar]

AlteredReality

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013

I put in the address bar and it could not be found, as I do not have Xfire. What do I try now? I have NVIDIA and I am not using SLI.

Peasant

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2013
press ctrl+alt+del
click start taskmanager
click process
find eurotrucks2.exe
mouse right click eurotrucks2.exe
set affinity and pick only one core there.
example i have 0,1,2,3 core there
i only leave last marked.
and vola sutter and fps drop are gone what i test that little hile and now thats is driveable whitout fps drop or weird sutter.

AlteredReality

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013

I tried this already, but it only made the performance worse :eek: .

Sai Pranav

Reputable
Mar 19, 2014

Try reducing your resolution, it may work!

Status
Not open for further replies.