How to recovery Xbox 360 game saves from a formatted flash drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

popatim

Titan
Hello,
My cousin's old xbox 360 with an 80gb top mounted harddrive began to die so he moved , (yes he said moved as in no longer on the HDD), his game saves to a 16gb usb flashdrive and went out an bought a new xbox Skyrim bundle with a 250gb harddrive. When he plugged his flashdrive into the new xbox instead of allowing him to transfer in his game saves - it formatted it thus he believes all his saves are lost.

I don't do consoles but I know on a pc I could easily recover probably all the files. How can I do this on an Xbox? or with my pc?

Initial research is showing me it (xbox) uses a different file system and I've only found a few older posts that actually seem to be discussing recovering deleted files (along with lots of posts claiming so but then discuss something completely different) and I'm not sure if they are still relevant or the pc tools they use still work.

Fortunately he called me as soon as it formatted the flashdrive and I told him to set it aside and not to touch it so the data should still be in near pristine condition. I also had him set aside the old xbox 80gb HDD in case I need to recover the files from it directly.

He's still kicking himself for moving instead of copying to the flashdrive...

Thank you for reading thru all this and any assistance you can give.

popatim

Titan
Perhaps I mis-understand; I'm only on page 3 so far. His profile is not banned... I'm not sure how this link helps (yet).

The new xbox formatted the usb memory stick that contained all his game saves from the old xbox and so far nothing has been able to see or find the previous 'format'.
Xbox 360 uses a large hidden file on the usb stick to store its info. Its still just fat/fat32 format.

popatim

Titan
Se7ensins was able to help me. There are two software options available one is Xport360 and the other is xplorer360. Xport has some bugs in its recovery mode and did not work for me. Xplorer360 however, worked beautifully and can integrate the file browsing of the xbox hdd with windows explorer making recovery and restoring as easy as copy and pasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.