help overclocking a P4 2.8!

ChaoticLusts

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2003
Hey

I'm designing a new comp and i've decided on getting a P42.8c since that seems to be the best cpu around for overclocking (in terms of the speed it ends up at). The thing is i want to get it to 3.5 at least, higher would be better but i'd settle for 3.5

I had two options for overclocking first is getting a SP94 with a powerful 92mm fan to cool it.

second is buying a watercooling kit, now that's a fair bit more expensive and a lot more complicated to set up and use and maintain, but i'd be willing to do it if it would make a big enough difference to justify it

So what do you guys think i'd need to do this, just how fast could each of those two get the CPU?

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Noel Adams 1952-2002

xtc04

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2004
i have my 2.8c at 255mhz with a vantec aeroflow cooler. Chieftec case with 6x80mm fans and asusp4p board. I dont think watercooling is worth it for just the cpu, if your gonna do cpu/gpu/chipset then maybe. Just be sure to get some good ram, at least PC3700 so you run 1:1 all the way up.