Gateway Service Center

Called GW today to see if something went wrong with my PC what happens.
They informed me that if I could not fix it with Tech Support that tech
support would set up for it to be sent in. Though I would have to pay
for the shipping and insurance to Little Rock, Arkansas. Was told turn
around could be anywhere from 7 to 30 day. I asked if there was any talk
about making authorized service centers they said definitely NO. So I
put in a suggestion for authorized service centers, what can they say NO.
2 answers Last reply
More about gateway service center

    Unless it's a notebook computer, there's nothing that can't be replaced
    inside in 30 minutes or less.
    If it is a notebook, return to depot repair is usually the only option,
    unless you've purchased an on-site warranty.

    "RDBrimmer" <ronb21@att.net> wrote in message
    > Called GW today to see if something went wrong with my PC what happens.
    > They informed me that if I could not fix it with Tech Support that tech
    > support would set up for it to be sent in. Though I would have to pay
    > for the shipping and insurance to Little Rock, Arkansas. Was told turn
    > around could be anywhere from 7 to 30 day. I asked if there was any talk
    > about making authorized service centers they said definitely NO. So I
    > put in a suggestion for authorized service centers, what can they say NO.

    If it's going to Little Rock, that means Celestica, which is as far as
    I know a desktop option. Notebooks went to Teleplan in Dallas-actually
    Irving-but another outsourcer, perhaps Selectron, was doing some new
    models as I left contact with the company. Profiles went to Teleplan
    except for one model-Profile 3?-which was Arima in Houston.

    Not having the country store service eliminates a big motivation to
    buy a Gateway in the first place, except the service was so bad since
    2001 or so it's almost a secret blessing.

Gateway Support Computers