Sign in with
Your question

Low framerate on Skyrim

Last response: in Video Games
January 19, 2013 7:33:26 PM

Hello everyone. I'm having a low framerate on Skyrim. (About 45 frames per second constantly) I can play nearly all FPS games such as Call of duty, battlefield 3, crysis 2, saints row 3 at ultra settings 1080p no problem. (Atleast 70-85 frames per second)

I've heard multible times that if you can rund battlefield 3 maxed out everything you should be able to play skyrim without any problems.

My friend has almost the same rig as i do. except for the graphics card.

SPECS:

Processor: AMD FX-8350 4.3 GHz

Graphics Card: Asus GeForce GTX660 2 Gigabyte

Motherboard: GA-990FXA-UD3

RAM: Cant remember name. working at 1.6 GHz with 8 gigabyte RAM

Am i supposted to get this framerate? All my other games works perfect. Never dropped below 60 FPS.

More about : low framerate skyrim

January 19, 2013 7:54:32 PM

Well first off your other games has been below 60 FPS, I have owned the GTX 660 myself and I can tell that you won't get 60 FPS at all times in those games with the highest setttings still great performance though.

To your problem. The GTX 660 should take on Skyrim with ease. I made a video of the performance in Skyrim with GTX 660.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZPAxPEmRi4

Have you made sure that you haven't limited your FPS in any way?

Mods are killers, they really tear on the performance. If you got too demanding mods, your FPS will decrease. If you look at my video, then I posted the average FPS with mods and without. It's about 50% difference.

Have you tried reinstalling your drivers? Sometimes the drivers can really mess up your performance.

I hope you get this problem fixed soon, good luck!

January 19, 2013 8:06:08 PM

No mods installed. Just double checked. I'm getting 55-65 fps on battlefield 3 everything maxed out. I'm going to reinstall the drivers and see if that helps. I've manually turned off v-sync in skyrimprefs.ini
January 20, 2013 9:31:20 AM

I'm afraid i'll have to disagree with you. Like i said before. i have great performance in other games. Intel is great if you want MAXIMUM performance. I just want to play games at atleast 60 fps constantly. And that's exactly what i can achieve in almost all my games, except for Skyrim.
!